Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Not Syncing Sleep and Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have two fitbits:  the HR and the Ionic, and as of three days ago neither will sync steps or sleep.  When I log onto the fitbit site on my laptop, it says the device did a sync 5 minutes ago but has no steps or sleep since two days ago. So even if the site thinks is has synced, no data (steps or sleep) has synced.  Is fitbit generally having tech issues right now?  Or is something else the problem?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@vernalynch Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to share the experience you are having with Ionic not syncing sleep or steps.

Are the other stats updating accordingly? 

It is possible that your devices are not syncing properly even though it says it synced 5 minutes ago. Do the Fitbit app also says it just synced?

Please try these syncing troubleshooting steps to sort this out. Try the steps in the order given for best results. Once it syncs, all data should update accordingly.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

I tried some of these, and I am currently thinking that perhaps the
bluetooth on my phone is not working correctly. So I am working on that at
the current time. I will keep you posted. Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vernalynch Thanks you for your reply and for sharing those details about your phone's Bluetooth. 

Yes, it is very possible that the reason could be that. Without Bluetooth connection, your watch won't sync.

Have you had any luck as of now with that? You could try using a computer to sync as well!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes