Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic blows up my text messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So.  I was in a meeting yesterday and I received a text message.  I could not pull out my  phone so I used the reply feature of my Iconic for the first time.  It seemed to work fine. But I received a "wow" reply.  After the meeting I saw that the Ionic had sent the same message 10 times. "Yes" "Yes" "Yes"...

I tried again with a heart emoji, and, yep the same thing--10 hearts.  Much love.

I'm on Android 9 using the Messages app as my only text application.  I have the latest system software, Messages app, Fitbit software and Ionic firmware.

Is there any way to just send a reply once?  (so I don't sound like the diner scene in "When Harry Met Sally")

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Haha at least yours works “somewhat”.  My android only has the choice to open the Messaging App on the phone -> displayed as an Ionic notification.  So no option to send any “quick reply text”.  Which is kinda pointless as you have to pull out the phone.

Interestingly the android Phone App does allow the fully operational “quick reply text” choice on the Ionic notification. Which is a very nice option to have vs answering the call or not answering.

Tech Support is aware of this problem on my phone and would suspect some additional code just needs to be added to get the Messaging app fully operational.  In your case if no one from Fitbit chimes in a solution how to send only one “yes” -> would contact Tech by phone and explain the problem.  They do seem to want to squash bugs.  But if they actually get it done remains to be seen from my perspective.  I am hopeful though as a new Fitbit user.  As I want this Ionic to function properly and brand to succeed.

Getting your Ionic to send only one vs ten “yes” texts should also be pretty easy to fix.  One would suspect.   Normal troubleshooting like multiple 2 button re-booting and re-pairing seem like standard protocols.  But might be added (or maybe deleted) code as the final solution.

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting. I haven't had that problem but I'm using WhatsApp as my messaging platform on Android. I got a message from my wife this morning and used my Ionic to reply. She got one reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes