Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Not Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I have had my ionic about a year now and I believe my Bluetooth has failed. I can not sync it to my phone any longer.

I have tried:

Force quitting app

Restarting watch

Uninstalling & reinstalling app

Tuning Bluetooth off & back on

I know it is not my phones Bluetooth because it has no problem connecting to any other device. Anyone have any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So good news, I got it to sync. I had to let my watch battery run all the way down until it turned off and then I recharged it. While it recharged I uninstalled the app from my phone again then reinstalled. Once the watch recharged it synced with no problems

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

@JesFox Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to share the experience you are currently having with Ionic not syncing to your phone. Thanks for trying those troubleshooting steps in order to sort this out.

It is possible that the issue you are experiencing is happening as a result of your watch not being paired to your account in which case you will need to set it up once again.

First of all, please make sure you are using the latest version of the Fitbit app for Android devices (version 2.85, released on January 10th, 2019). Feel free to download it.

Then, please follow all of these set up troubleshooting steps in order to sort this out. Some of the steps you will find there are the ones you already tried. However, please try them in the order given on the article for best results.

Once your watch gets paired to your account it should sync. Then, you will be able to do the syncing steps you were trying before in order to sync.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

You may try to unpair Ionic with your phone. If you are using Android, pull down the system menu, long-press on the BT icon. Then you should see a list of all paired devices. Unpair "Ionic" if it's there. You may try to restart your phone and Ionic. Then try to sync again. It may work. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Today, I have been struggling again with syncing for about 4 hours. Every day I have to go through the same troubleshooting because at some point it stops syncing. From Android logs ( adb logcat ) I can see this is indeed a BT issue as whenever syncing fails, there is "device is busy" message reported. It started from FW3.0 update and now syncing is a lottery in which my chances of winning are almost none.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit ionic did not sync with Xiaomi Mi since Wednesday 16th of January until Saturday 19th, for three days. I've had both devices for almost a year and never had any issues. Tried turning on/off the bluetooth, rebooting both the phone and the watch, shutting down the watch, reinstalling the app on the phone. I tried also to set up ionic again on the app (account - set up a new device), as suggested at "troubleshooting", but the watch could not be found. My phone was recently updated to android pie, so I also tried Settings->System->Advanced->Reset options->Reset Wi-Fi,mobile&Bluetooth, after which I paired it again to ionic. Still no sync. 

After patiently repeating the last step (reseting wi-fi, mobile, bluetooth on the phone), I went to to the newly installed fitbit app, turned on the watch I previously had shut down and added my ionic again it the application. The miracle happened. My synchronisation is back on! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So good news, I got it to sync. I had to let my watch battery run all the way down until it turned off and then I recharged it. While it recharged I uninstalled the app from my phone again then reinstalled. Once the watch recharged it synced with no problems

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this as well, except letting run all the way down to 0%. I was at 48% It's plugged in, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and turned on and off both bluetooth and ionic. I've spent over 2 hours on this just this afternoon and 2 hours this morning! NOT the way I wanted to spend my day off. This is the 4th time I have had issues with syncing with the Ionic. No one I know with other trackers have these issues! At this point I'm saving to get rid of this crappy thing. Why can't it simply work and not have any issues like everyone else's devices. I've asked Apple owners, Samsung owners, and Garmin, none have this. Fix the problems or lose the faithful.

Best Answer

I'm at 4 1/2 hours in to this stupid thing! AGAIN!!!! this is the 4th time. I did the unpair thing and now can't get it to pair!!!!! I don't have the time to do this and will now miss a class. So much for monitoring and watching my calories and burn and heartrate and sleep! Fitbit is a corporate thief! They have stolen my money and my time. None of the help or troubleshooting works. Or if it does it doesn't work more than a month of so. To go through this 4 times in a year is pathetic!

At this point I'm done with this company and have to figure out what other company to go with because I simply don't have the time to waste! Now my dog doesn't get walked cuz spent the time trying to fix this and will miss yoga! Thanks for another several hours lost to a crappy device! My friends with cheaper ones never have these issues, serves me right for wanting water proof.

Best Answer

I'll try this solution, but this unacceptable. I just bought my Ionic and charged it fully before I started doing anything. I've had sync issue after sync issue. It has synced three times in 28 hours. That is of course when I have at minimum 30 minutes to jack with it and the app to finally get it to sync. I'm sitting at 87% battery. I really have to wait 4~ days before I can try this work-around? This is absolutely piss poor by fitbit. Thanks to the users for all the work-arounds as fitbit is just regurgitating what users have posted. Fitbit, COME UP WITH A PERMANENT SOLUTION. Thank you in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They are making me do a factory reset!!!! It's supposed to take about 30 minutes. and I'm at 50 right now!!!!! Still not done!

Also, they made a stupid comment that any data not synced would be lost - really!!!!! duh!!!! The whole reason I was avoiding doing that was to not lose the data from 3 days of work! What's the point in having a tracker and sticking with a program if the data is scewed? 

Come on Fitbit, get with it and correct this syncing issue and wifi connection issues!!!!

They have been problems since day one of this release for this device. The ionic is not worth the money in any way. I tell everyone who asks me and that's at least 2 or 3 people a week! 

Best Answer

Try to go to your android's Settings->System->Advanced->Reset options->Reset Wi-Fi,mobile&Bluetooth, after which pair it again to ionic.

It worked for me. The non sync issue was due to the update of my phone's os.

Best Answer

I had already done that.

Nothing worked. Had to do factory reset. It worked for less than 24 hours and died completely. 

Had it 11 months. Was told new 1 would be to me in 2-5 days. Just checked tracking and it will be 9 days!!!! 

Another example of poor customer service from this company. Still under warranty so no reason they shouldn't rush to me the same way as when I ordered the new 1 from them. Pathetic. 

Best Answer

Did you lose your data?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @J115. If you provide me with more details about what you're experiencing, I can provide you with some troubleshooting. 

If you mean that if you perform a factory reset you will lose data. When you do it, it will remove apps, stored data, personal information, credit and debit cards (For Fitbit Pay devices), and saved settings.

If you're experiencing syncing issues, please try the troubleshooting posted in this article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. I lost data when I had to change Ionics. 

Update: No. Only lost data when I had to switch to the new ionic that was sent to me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back @bfel71. You shouldn't lose any data. I would like you to confirm that you're logging into the same account, you can do so by logging in and out from the account. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes