Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Not Working Properly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit ionic is a piece of junk and broke just 6 months after I got it. Customer service is a joke with this company you need to make a video of yourself with it on the charger and not working then days later they decide you should send it back. I sent via fed ex on Wednesday all I keep getting is emails with excuses such poor customer service 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

@Cordie  pretty much you're just waiting for your replacement?

The reason many companies ask for proof of a problem is due to the number of people who aren't being honest in their dealings. I'm sure you were forthright with them, but they don't know you, so the need to show them with the video.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Which is understandable but they were able to look into my account and see when the Fitbit was last synced. So they would know that Fitbit hasn’t been on since Sunday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I share your sentiment. My first Ionic died at 3 months old in 5 feet of ocean water, had to go through the "make video" song and dance for a replacement. Replacement has hit the 3 month mark and having issues now. (wouldn't sync for 6 hours after multiple reboots, off by 7000+ steps. I have been mowing the SAME EXACT 1/3 acre lawn which usually nets me +14k steps with Fitbit One and Charge 2 HR, however today I barely cracked 10k even after doing some de-thatching in addition to the mowing.  Went shopping at big box store and pushed cart with one hand to ensure steps being counted and after filling the cart, going home, BBQ only 15.7k steps??? How is it that my Charge 2 HR with a mysterious hairline crack in the screen (look at forums other people complain of the same) is waterproof and still works, but this brand new $300 Ionic is soon to be relegated to desk clock duty as it is proving to be useless?

Best Answer

C18207F4-27BE-41AC-B70B-671739469F09.png

They want me to believe it takes two weeks via FedEx to get my Fitbit to their warehouse! 

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cordie   they are replacing your Ionic. It takes time for the process and they aren't responsible for the time it takes Fed Ex to get to your door. I have an order in now, coming across country from Fed Ex and it's taking almost a week to arrive.

Best Answer

Normally I would say yes let me be patient but this is fed ex and fed ex doesn’t take two weeks to ship something that I could have gotten into my car and driven 11 hours to get it there. Haven’t you seen the other posts on here with multiple customers with the same claim? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

BUY YOUR FITBIT FROM BEST BUY WITH A 29.09 WARRANTY THEY REPLACE ON THE SPOT. Second if yours breaks do not use they label according to Fitbit mine took two weeks to go from New Jersey to Indiana..which is an 11 hour drive. My Fitbit broke on 6/17 after the two week shopping with FEDEX..yes they think I actually believe that nonsense I’m still here without my Fitbit oh and it was less than 6 months old. This product is junk the customer service is the worst I hav ever dealt with. 

Best Answer

@Cordie  it takes time to return and receive an item. The forum members can't give you the answers that only customer support can provide.

Best Answer

It doesn’t take two weeks for a package to go from New Jersey to Indianan as I stated earlier I can drive it there in 11 hours. I’m not lookin for any answers I’m trying to warn everyone else not to hit this junk and if they do buy it with a warranty so you won’t have to deal with the deplorable Fitbit customer swrvice. Do you work for them? I notice you have all kinds of comments in their favor!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure why a moderator keeps changing my subject line to ionic not working properly 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cordie  there is a way to tell who works for Fitbit and who is merely another member of the forums. Click on the links to read more.

How to Identify a Fitbit Moderator or Employee

Community Council

Moderators can edit, merge or remove posts and close a thread. Guidelines for using these forums, if you care to read them, are here - click

Fitbit isn't responsible for how Fed Ex or any other shipper maintains their schedule. I had a package that sat for over a day in the New Jersey hub of Fed Ex, but I doubt Fed Ex explains their ways to those of us awaiting a package.

Not everyone who has a Fitbit has problems and for the most part, posts reflect those who are unhappy. Those who are happy don't tend to stop stepping long enough to tell about it. I have many friends and family who use Fitbits and they never come to the forums. Many people buy a product but rarely post on that product's forum.

I do believe purchasing an extended warranty is good. It's served me well in many instances on a variety of products.

I know it's hard being patient, but there are times that is all we can do.

Best Answer

I waited two weeks for Fitbit to get their ionic into the warehouse now look here it is. My advice if your ionic stops working, I mean when it stops working ship it back using fedex but do not use their label ship it yourself. A67797B1-1244-4473-9836-390A546801E9.png

Best Answer
0 Votes