Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic - Notifications causing watch to reboot

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I have had my fitbit ionic for about 1 month now. It is paired to my iPhone running iOS version 12.1.2, fitbit app version 2.85 and Fitbit Ionic version 33.1.30 This problem has occurred 3 times during the last month: I receive a notification (2 of them have been from the Outlook app (emails) and 1 from Google Voice app).  I receive a vibration on the watch alerting me to a new notification.  When I go to view the notification (swipe up or long hold on the upper right button) the watch reboots.  I continue to receive further notifications and I view and clear them individually but as soon as I get to the "offending" notification the watch reboots.  The first time this happened, I ended up resetting the device to factory defaults by following some instructions in the community (I believe I held down all three buttons which caused the watch to reboot and then when the fitbit icon appeared I released the bottom right button or something like that).  I then had to go back and re pair the watch etc...  The second time I simple did not clear any alerts for several days.  I was hoping that the notification buffer would fill up and the oldest notification (the offending notification) would get purged on its own.  This worked but it was not optimal as I had to wait several days.  The third time happened just today and I have not done anything so far.

I have also had a problem where the watch stopped alerting me (no vibration) but was receiving notifications (you could view them by swiping down or long hold on the right upper button).  I was able to resolve this issue by following another community post that told me to remove the device from the fitbit app and reconnect it.

I am now wondering if I have a defective watch or if this is a known issue?  

Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Sounds glitchy especially the reboot issue.  Maybe contact Tech Support and see if they can get your device to work properly.  It may or may not be a compatibility problem.  If they deem it defective they will normally offer you a replacement right away.

Near all “known issues” simply remain unresolved.  Update after update unfortunately.

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just FYI... I just got off of a chat with Tech support and they are sending me a new device.  If the new device continues to have this same issue, I will reply to this post for further suggestions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestions!  Tech support is sending new device.  Will see if the problem continues.  Hopefully just a defective watch.

Thanks again,

Doug

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DEMColo wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions!  Tech support is sending new device.  Will see if the problem continues.  Hopefully just a defective watch.

Thanks again,

Doug

Yep good.  Most get replacement devices right away once they contact Tech Support directly.  Unfortunately no one on this Forum has any authority.  You did the right thing.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes