Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Screen Faded

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'll start by saying I've been an avid Fitbit user for many years, from Flex, 2 Surges & now an Ionic. As each device started to die, just out of warranty, I've persevered to eek as much life out of it as possible until the inevitable end.

Now as it seems my Ionic is near the end. At 13 months the screen developed a strip of white light down the right side. After another month a pale glow started in the screen's centre. 

Last week the clock face disappeared altogether (refer pic).

Looking through the forums & elsewhere online I can't find any specific fix. Rebooting hasn't worked.

The device syncs to my phone so I can keep getting my stats, but it's redundant as a watch or for any screen use. 

Fitbit Team is this a recognised issue & is there an official fix or is it time to look for a new model?

Updating Media
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have the same situation, my screen just started flickering this evening, it was stuck on the FITBIT logo for most of the morning and now I can't even reset it.  Same history of buying a new FITBIT when the last one dies.  I'm done with FITBIT watches, I'd rather have a quality watch that lasts more than 18 months.  Good luck with yours.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I have the same situation, my screen just started flickering this evening, it was stuck on the FITBIT logo for most of the morning and now I can't even reset it.  Same history of buying a new FITBIT when the last one dies.  I'm done with FITBIT watches, I'd rather have a quality watch that lasts more than 18 months.  Good luck with yours.

Best Answer

I’ve got the same issue - the sides of my ionic are now white/faded. Did anyone get a response from the Fitbit team? Is it a case of the screen on its way out? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @DidiG.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your watch. I understand your concern and recommend checking if your Fitbit device is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update my Fitbit device? 

If the issue persists, please try the following:

1. Restart the device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Switch to a Fitbit clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the suggestion. I have updated but the issue with the screen remains unchanged.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @DidiG.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for your efforts. I recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can look deeper into the issue and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes