Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic - Screen Not responding to touch

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

A couple of days ago my Ionic screen went dark in the middle of day (HR sensor still flashing).  I tried a few things, then it ran out and I left it on charge for a while.  When it came back on, the screen wouldn't respond to touch.

I have tried restarts - no improvement,

I have done a factory reset twice - no improvement.

The screen will still not respond to touch - any other ideas on way to resolve this (assuming it is a software issue)?

Thanks

Stu

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No fix to get the screen working again, but after a chat with customer support I have a replacement on the way.

Thankfully I have had the Ionic for 18 months and there is a 2 year warranty available in the UK.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

I have had the same issues here and fitbit simply said "it is out of warranty" by 3 months. In fact, there is a big design problem with this device, which fitbit will never ever acknowledge. So, since the support team is useless, just put your ionic in a trash and move to another serious brand. By doing so, you will save some of your time.

Best Answer

Unfortunately I may have to consider that if I cannot solve this.

From having a Blaze and now the Ionic, I put up with issues synching with android as I like the devices (never had an issue with iOS for some reason). But without a touch screen my Ionic is almost useless.

I can't change the screen wake options, can't get to any apps (outside of shortcuts).  For some stupid reason you can no longer set alarms in the phone app or web dashboard for Ionic.

Worst of all, even though I can use the exercise shortcut button (top right), without the touch screen there is no was to move through the options or start the exercise!  (top right/bottom right to move though, long press either to start would be a simple thing to allow).  Without exercise tracking I may as well wear one of my old "dumb" watches.

Maybe a Garmin or Amazefit will have to be considered.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a bit surprised that after 24 hours there has been no one from Fitbit forum support commenting on my issue - I was hopeful that there might be something helpful that could be added outside of the restart and factory resets that I have already tried.

I guess I will have to open a customer services case and see if there is any hope at all.  Judging by the number of other threads for dying Ionics I am not feeling hopeful, but was vaguely optimistic when I first posted that there would be some magic fairy dust that would help 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

No fix to get the screen working again, but after a chat with customer support I have a replacement on the way.

Thankfully I have had the Ionic for 18 months and there is a 2 year warranty available in the UK.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I fixed mine by purchasing and fitting a new screen from ebay. I purchased the following items:
Replace For Fitbit Ionic FB503 Smartwatch Front Display LCD Screen.

B-7000 multi-purpose adhesive.

Followed video instructions on YouTube.

This has to a problem that Fitbit are aware of and are doing nothing to address. It’s harming their reputation. Good luck.

Regards,

Neville

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I fixed mine by purchasing and fitting a new screen from ebay. I purchased the following items:

Replace For Fitbit Ionic FB503 Smartwatch Front Display LCD Screen.

B-7000 multi-purpose adhesive.

Followed video instructions on YouTube.

This has to a problem that Fitbit are aware of and are doing nothing to address. It’s harming their reputation. Good luck.
Regards,

Neville

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, I have the same issue with my ionic. I have already second device (the vibrations stopped working after 10 months for the first one), now i have problems with display. I have directly contacted fitbit guys via email. But i have just received answer with the number of my complaint, but any proposal how to solve it( it was on 13 august)..

I think this smartwatches are too expensive to work only 10 months without any problems. My warranty will expire in november and what then?

In between, I will try to solve it via the e-shop that we bought it from.. and i hope to get money back.. (i guess even if they change the device, the warranty is counting from the date, we originally bought it).. 

I just wanted to write this down to let others know that this issue with display is still actual.. and currently i am completely unsatisfied with communication from fitbit side. (As there is no communication).

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
I recommend you demand your money back and buy another product. There are systemic problems with this product. Good luck.
Regards
N

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi,
I recommend you demand your money back and buy another product. There are systemic problems with this product. Good luck.
Regards
N

Best Answer

This is exactly the problem that I am having.   I’ve had my Ionic since 2019.  A few weeks ago, my Ionic screen went dark, the HR sensor continued to flash.  After a while, it would begin to work normally again, but then again darken, and again work normally.

Now the touch screen is visible (sometimes dark, sometimes normal), however, it does not respond to touch. 

Is there any fix for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes