Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Swimming

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having trouble getting my ionic to track my heart rate while swimming. So far 3 swims, only once has it tracked my heart rate.

Also counts laps correct but gets the distance out a little, it corrects this on the dashboard but not in thr iPhone App. 

I like fitbit products a lot so I am happy to work with the Ionic and figure the way to get the most out of it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
88 REPLIES 88

I've tried both ways and it doesn't include heart rate either way. Any ideas? 

Best Answer

My Ionic worked fine for swimming from April 2018 to April 2019. That is it recorded heart rate zones on my Iphone app and Apple Mac. I'm annoyed that it was apparently disabled because of inaccuracy even though the heart rate is recorded elsewhere in graphic form. It seems unfair that it was promoted as a feature that has been withdrawn even though I assume we all accept its limitations of accuracy.

Best Answer

It appears that this feature was deliberately removed with a software change in April this year.  I suspect they were afraid of criticism for it being unreliable. I find it very disappointing they were not honest enough to let everyone know. Instead they have a large body of angry customers who already accept the inherent inaccuracy of the other features and feel the swim feature is now next to worthless.

Best Answer
Sorry, but that was never advertised as a feature. It was advertised as
different features, not ones that could go together
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner it was via fitbit UK&Ireland social media channel. This counts as advertisment.

Screenshot_20181210-074823_Facebook.jpg

Best Answer

Whatever, it was unclear enough for many people to get the wrong idea. Resellers probably had a role in this as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The testimonial evidence where this feature worked and now it doesn't isn't consistent with this statement. Fitbit can't patch a capability away and then say it wasn't one in the first place.

Best Answer
It wasnt supposed to work in the first place. The fact that you could make
it work by having it record it automatically was a bug. It was never a
feature that was supposed to work. The only thing i learn from this is that
they are a company that releases unfinished and untested stuff, therefore a
company that is not serious about what they sell. The fact that they havent
released a chest monitor to fix the HR tracking in water tells me that they
are also just out for your money. It's not a hard work around and people
would be happier with it if they made that. TL;DR it was never a feature
that should have worked. It was a bug that it worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

One lap is out and back, similar to a track, lap completed once you return to start location

Best Answer