Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic - Tennis App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All,

I've been using the Tennis app on the Ionic for a few weeks now, it seems to pick up most of my stats OK but I can't do anything with the Sync Data option on the watch app. I'd like to be able to track my data from game to game but can't find a way to transfer the data from the watch to the phone app. Has anyone figured out how to do this ? 

Thank you.....

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi

Believe the data only stays on the ionic and can't be transferred to the account. There's also a app to track water, though when using it doesn't sync either (not updating the water intake on the fitbit account itself).

--<--@
Feel free to add your suggestions to the Feature Suggestions page, where users can vote, if there be enough interest, it can be picked up by the developers of Fitbit to make the idea come true (when decided to do).

Tip Search if a certain idea already has been suggested to avoid multiple suggestions regarding the same idea.
Best Answer

@ahernjs Welcome to the Fitbit family! What app are you using to track your Tennis activities? 

If you are using the Tennis exercise shortcut on the Exercise App on Ionic you should be able to transfer the data of your Tennis activity once finished by syncing to the Fitbit App. Once you sync with the app you should see the data from the Tennis activity reflected in your exercise history. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Hi SantiFitbit,

its the standalone app that I was using, so not the tennis feature in the Exercise tab. On the standalone app it has a Sync Data option however there doesn't appear to be a way of turning this on or off.

I think the core benefit of the Tennis App is reviewing the stats post match, I like to review over time the number of forehands, backhands and serves I'm hitting per match. For me I was hoping to track my backhand count to see if I can improve on this over time.   

thanks for taking the time to reply though! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ahernjs Thanks for your reply! Did you downloaded that app to you Ionic? That is not a bad idea at all. I think that would complete the app in so many ways and that other tennis players will find useful.

In this case I'd recommend contacting the developer of that third-party app. The option exists now (was implemented recently). So, if you have any feedback or suggestions all you need to do is opening up their app in the Fitbit App Gallery and you'll find their contact details under "App Details". 

This way, you can give the suggestions and they may develop it into their app!

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

need help with tennis app

how do I make counters for strokes work?

After i click on "practice" or """new match", the counter for strokes remains 0.

Best Answer

@yuty Welcome to the Fitbit family! I moved your post to the thread as it is about the same topic, you may get more help in here.

Have you tried deleting the app and then installing it again? That may help. Remember these third party apps are experimental by nature and might present minor issues.

Other thing you can do is contacting the developer of the app to provide the feedback. Check my post above for more details on this.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi there,

I got caught out with this on my first game or two aswell, I didn't know you had to move the watch from my left arm to my right before I started playing. Basically for the app to know you are playing tennis it needs to be on the arm hitting your forehand strokes.

Hope this helps. . . .   

Best Answer

@ahernjs Thanks for sharing this with the Community! That is something helpful as the Ionic has a sensor inside that will recognize arm movements. So, it is a great idea to wear the watch on the arm you are using to hit the ball! I'm sure this will help other users as well.

Also, feel free to change the dominant hand setting if you haven't whenever you change your watch from wrist to wrist. That should make it even more accurate!

Hope this helps. See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I noticed a delay between pressing the Sync Data button until it becomes viewable in the app. Actually, it's not on the app, but rather a link to the Fitbit Labs website on your phone. I also noticed, but can't confirm since I can't reinstall the Tennis app since the OS 2 update, that if you press Sync Data multiple times, it will duplicate your stats for that match.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also can't install the tennis app which is disappointing as I was not aware of it before the update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dissapointed that I can't download the app in OS2.  I had been using it in my league matches to help me keep score. Tons of potential!  A tennis score keeping/ stats app was one of the requirements when I was deciding on a smartwatch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I noticed that it kept my score during a match, but after synchronized, my
match score would disappear. A good first effort, though.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the Ionic in order to use the Tennis App.  I want to count my forehands and backhands when I hit.  But I cannot get it to work.  I scroll to the tennis ball on the watch in Apps, then touch it, and I see a screen that says New Match, Resume, Practice, and Settings.  When I hit Practice it shows me a Strokes screen with 0 Forehands, 0 Backhands, and 0 Serves.  Then when I play, nothing happens, and they all stay at 0.  Does anybody know how to get the counter to start?

Best Answer