Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ionic will no longer connect to phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my fitbit ionic that I've been using since january will no longer connect to my phone.   I've done all the steps to try and fix this issue but now I can't even get it to connect long enough to set it back up on my phone.  it finds it and loses it over and over and over.  it will connect and give me a code for about 1 second and then it loses connection.  so at this point I can't even use the ionic.  the time is about an hour off since it can't sync so i'm just now wearing this expensive watch for nothing.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I am having the same issue.  It started today after their last update.  I have other friends with different models that are experiencing the same thing.  Hopefully they will put out a patch update soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue also!  So annoying.  I'm now trying to fix it instead of working out!

Best Answer

I could point to the help desk or ask what type phone, you saying that your having trouble with. It is nice to mention the source of the problem. 

Best Answer

I'm using a iPhone 6s plus so it's not a compatibility issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am an ex Fitbit employee and incredibly loyal. However this Ionic problem is driving me mad. I charged mine whilst on holiday in Spain through a Boom. When I touched the Ionic I got a shock. Thereafter it works but cannot be sync’d via Bluetooth. Eventually tried a factory reset but then it is found on set up but cannot complete the connection process so now is a useless hunk of metal!

HELP

Best Answer

Same here. So upset there is no fix. Spent hours trying every solution on every forum I could find.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. My Ionic has been working flawlessly up until yesterday when it stopped syncing, I noticed because the time was off by about 25 minutes.

I’m using an iPhone 7 Plus, and the Ionic shows up in Bluetooth, but won’t connect. So far I’ve done reboots of the phone, the Ionic, toggle Bluetooth, uninstalled/reinstalled the Fitbit app, removed device from my Fitbit account, and literally 5 factory resets and it always ends up in the same situation. This morning I tried one more time and it connected great throughout the setup process, but after it downloads updates and finishes the connection problems start.

Very frustrating to try so many different things and it just won’t work. Hopefully this is just a software issue and can be fixed with a patch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@asmithz20 wrote:

@asmithz20 wrote:

@asmithz20 I never thought it was a compatability issue, I'm saying that the app are Android, Windows, and iOS phones, while the general troubleshooting steve@ccmag.com s are the same, there are some and even more st OS that only work with a single OS. Knowing g the type of phone is helpful to the person that is wanting to help. Unfortunately I  know about nothing when it comes to iOS.

My suggestion would be to glance at the iOS board, there are several is s sync issue threads marked solved..

Best Answer

I tried resetting back to factory and now it’s stuck in a boot loop or I like to call a death loop. I cannot get it out of it I guess I need to seek replacement at this point

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. It has been two days now. Factory reset four times and it get stuck at reboot. Will not connect to my Pixel2 or my laptop. I see a lot of people with the same problem but no remedy yet. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Factory Reset, in general will never be needed until the device is being handed over to a new user, so it should be the very last thing to try, not the first. If your trying to get the tracker to sync, a factory reset will also add a lot of unnecessary steps like setting up the apps and fitbit pay.again.

The Ionic does not need to be connected to the phone for the app to sync. The Fitbit app needs to connect to the Ionic, see the difference.

There are a few reasons this may not happening.

The main ones are unresponding hardware or software.

On the phone often restarting Bluetooth is enough. On the ionic a two button restart or a complete shutdown.

Due to the watch being low energy Bluetooth sometimes something goes wrong, I haven't understood why, but simply removing the Ionic from the phones bluetooth list of approved devices, allows the app to find the ionic.

On Android it has been discovered that clearing the apps cache, seems to fix a sync issue it the above steps do not. Note that logging out/in on the Fitbit app should also clear the cache. 

Best Answer