Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic is not syncing to the Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am really frustrated and fed up that my new Ionic 1 month has stopped some syncing to my app. 

It syncs steps and stairs but not active minutes, or calories burned. So when I enter my food intake It does not sync with the calories burned. 

This issue started about 3 days ago. 

I have deactivated the app several times but nothing has changed. This product is not a cheap purchase so am dissapointed. Help please 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

That sounds strange. It's usually a case that a sync updates all data or it doesn't update anything. Also, some of your burned calories, your BMR calories, are updated on your dashboard without a sync so they should be there.

This leads me to suspect there may be a problem with one or more of your profile settings for age, height, weight etc and that it is calculating your calories and minutes but an incorrect setting means it is calculating zero. It's worth a quick check of your profile settings at: https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/edit

Best Answer

Similar issue here. I've had it several months - no problems. Recently everything was syncing except steps. I deleted it from the app and tried to reconnect -- app found my Ionic, but is looked in "Connecting to Track....".  Watching this thread - hoping for an answer.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just found a solution that fixed my issue.....hope it helps you, too....  For Ionic, press and hold the button on the left side(center) and the bottom right button for ~10 seconds until the Fitbit icon shows up. Release buttons. Now try re-connecting to app.  This worked for me. Good luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey RMB, 

I did what you suggested and it looks like it has worked like its kick started the sync. Don't understand why fitbit just don't advise this solution. 

Anyway thank you very much for your help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Chriszenward, welcome to the Fitbit Community! I’ve noticed that my friend @Rmcb just offered you a good response in order to solve the questions and doubts with your post. So, I went ahead and made @Rmcb's post as the solution for your previous post. Highlighting the solution may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you. You can read more about Accepted Solutions here.

Thanks a lot for your help @SteveHRobot Very Happy

If there's any questions present, let me know. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer