Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Wallet Issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my Ionic yesterday and it looks good. I like two features GPS and Fitbit Pay. But looks like Fitbit wallet is not working. I followed steps mentioned in help to setup and it failed at first step. It says go to "wallet" tile and i don't see wallet tile in my mobile app. I use latest version of fitbit app. Not sure how to to configure wallet if there is no way to do it.

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Hello,

I was having the same question yesterday. Apparently fitbit pay is not yet available. One person I saw said that it will be implemented on the next firmware update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's strange, as it's mentioned nowhere on their help page. Poor documentation 😞 not sure if they are reliable in any future updates on their website. Will see how it goes, otherwise will return my Ionic if it doesn't solve the purpose of having it. Hey FitBit - If it's not ready then say so clearly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like, Fitbit pushed wallet yesterday night. I was able to see wallet app in mobile app and was able to add my credit card. Great. But still, didn't expect this type of communication gap from multi billion dollar company.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm, does everyone have wallet?  I have the app but no "gear" icon to set it up.  I tried removing and reinstalling.  I wonder if the developer firmware (if you sign up for SDK) does not update the app the same as regular?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never mind, looking in the wrong spot 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

If working, can people please state what country they are in. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wallet is now on my watch also, but when I go into the wallet tile on my phone app, there is no settings option, just uninstall.  Any suggestions?

@chiragpatel wrote:

Looks like, Fitbit pushed wallet yesterday night. I was able to see wallet app in mobile app and was able to add my credit card. Great. But still, didn't expect this type of communication gap from multi billion dollar company.

Ionic / iPhone 7+ running iOS 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

The wallet setup isn't under apps, when you go into the ionic it is underneath Clock Faces and to the left of How to Use.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

@chiragpatel wrote:

I'm not surprised at all they didn't publicise it. They want relatively fewer users to test it to see if it's working at first, and don't want to overload their servers at first. When they are sure it's (fairly) acceptable they will let everybody else know. Standard rollout practice from companies who know what they are doing.

Best Answer

It works in US

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are wrong. Standard practice is to say "It's coming soon", not like advertise that it's there when it's not.

Best Answer

As the title states, I do not have the option to even add a card to my new Fitbit Ionic. 

I can go into 'My Apps', find the wallet, click it, and it simply shows that the app is 'installed'. 

There is no option to add a card to the Fitbit nor is there even a Wallet tile. 

The wallet app appears on my Fitbit, however when I try and use it, it says that it needs to be set up. 

Is this normal? I am living in New Zealand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kwono1, check out Page 55 of the Ionic User Manual to see if that helps with the setup of the cards:

https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_ionic_en_US.pdf

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Larry. Unfortunately, that option is unavailable to me. It seems that I am not alone. Many don't seem to have the wallet tile at all. I think it has something to do with the inability to connect to wifi. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kwono1 wrote:

I think it has something to do with the inability to connect to wifi. 

That may be the case, @Kwono1, since the Ionic uses WiFi to download the apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was this ever resolved for you? I’m having the same issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this been resolved for you? I’m in the same situation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I don't think that the FitBit Wallet is available outside the US. I know for a fact that not all banks are supported either...mine is not supported. Have you looked to see if your bank is supported?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes