Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Wont Charge - Only Shows 0% Battery Screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

My Ionic ran out of battery, I have put it on charge but it only comes up with 0% battery and will not charge.

Things I have done:

1) Cleaned the connection

2) Tried another plug

3) Plugged it into PC

4) RESET IT WITH LEFT BUTTON AND BOTTOM RIGHT - This just makes the screen go blank and then pop up with 0% again..

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix it??? 

This is the 2nd time its happened in the month I have had it! I don't know how I fixed it last time..

Thank you

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

Welcome to the Community @ZoeSummers! Thanks for the troubleshooting you've performed. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team, so they can continue investigate why this has happened, please check your inbox. 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

If you can return it. Worst product ever. this has happened to me aswell all the same issues. Get a samsung  watch or apple watch. this is not worth the money!!! I feel bad for the people who i recommended it to. If i had known the issues with charging i would of never said anything good about it. i can handle not syncing well but to literally not even be able to turn on is just an extreme over sight. im returning my scale and headphones!!!

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem, can return and get a new one? I just bought this a few months ago. I returned my Apple Watch with the hopes of this being better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @coffeecrush. If you're having battery issues, I would recommend to restart it and make sure you've fully charge it.

If you want to return it and get a refund, we have our 45 days satisfaction guaranteed. You can learn more about it by checking the Fitbit Warranty

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. Watch was at 75% one minute then went to check the time and got a blank screen, upon pressing left button, watch shows 0%. Charged all night to correct. Tried reset, didn't work. 

I've had this watch for 8 weeks. If Fitbit will not provide a replacement then I'll take it up with Amazon. I'm sure they will not be happy about a product they sell being defective and the manufacturer not standing by it.

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @Niko1. I appreciate the details you've mentioned as well for the procedures you've tried. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team so they can continue assisting you on this matter. Rest assure that each solution is provided based in the Fitbit Warranty

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer

Mine is doing the exact same thing. I've tried the same troubleshooting as the previous post. I've had my watch over 6 months. What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @DeannaShaver! I would like you to confirm you've restarted your Ionic and that you're properly charging it by changing the USB port. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer

My ionic's battery died after six months, just like many other peoples'. Fitbit support barraged me with tests before refusing to warranty it. I don't know what to do. 6 months is too short of a life for a $300 watch 😞

Best Answer
I am also having problems after trying the next firmware update to 2.0.1. Reads zero, won't do a hard reset and won't charge. Changed USB ports and that does not work either.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch did the same thing....I did everything you did to fix it with no success. 

I started a live chat with customer support and they looked up my details. Interestingly, during my conversation I had the watch attached to the charging cable and without me touching the watch, the fitbit icon appeared and the watch started charging. It seems fully functional now.

I STRONGLY suspect fitbit customer support did a remote restart. It was too coincidental that my watch started working 3/4's of the way through a technical support chat.

Try doing the live chat with them....

http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Roy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I went through all their checks and in the end, nothing worked and it ended up being replaced.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I’m having the same issue.  Screen shows 0% even after charging for several hours.  I’ve tried different cables and outlets as well. Holding the left and bottom right buttons just causes the red 0% to appear on the screen.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Clynncav,

I ended up opening a live chat with Fitbit while my watch was plugged in. Explained the problem to them and after them examining my account and such, the watch started charging. I believe they did a remote reset.

Your watch should be close enough to your phone (device) for a connection to have been established.

Hopefully this works although you may have to spend 10-20 minutes online talking to someone.

Link is here: https://help.fitbit.com/apex/PreChat3?chatType=support&chatLocation=helpsite&co=CA&l=en_US

Roy
Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Clynncav and @Rkayser. Thanks for the troubleshooting that you've performed. In this case, I've shared your post with our Customer Support team, this way they can continue assisting you on this matter. 

Hey there @Rkayser. Thanks for sharing your experience. Your feedback is really useful for Fitbit, because this helps us to continue improving our customer service, the main objective of our team is to solve your questions. 

I'll be around if you have any further questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The battery of my Fitbit Ionic exhausted yesterday and it won't charge after that. I kept it connected to my PC for the whole day and to a charger whole night, but nothing helped. Earlier it was stuck at 0% and now total black. I have tried to troubleshoot by pressing left and right bottom button for 15 seconds after every 5-10 minutes for the whole day today as it was suggested in one of the forums. It didn't helped either.

I purchased it from flipkart on 18-03-2018. I think I am within warranty period. 

Now what may be the next course of action from my side? PLEASE HELP.

Thank you.

Update: Few minutes ago I connected it to my Nokia 7 plus type C charger and the 0% appeared again. I pressed the left and right bottom button for 15 seconds and right after 5 minutes when I was about to press the buttons again, suddenly the fitbit logo appeared. After a few seconds the the watch started and it was showing 5% and charging.

Sorry for the earlier post.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue arise last night.

i have tried:

Different plug

Different charging cable

full reset

This is the 2nd time this has happened to me (last time was 6 months ago) and I had to wait 2 weeks to get a replacement last time. 

I hear Garmin products are more reliable. Any experience?

thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The other thing I found is that sometimes debris and dirt gets lodged in the oval channel around the 3 charging pins on the back of the watch. Cleaning out this channel with a tooth pick or similar implement fixed the problem.

[cid:storage_emulated_0__EmailTempImage_4_RotateImage_-1822810253_20190514_065532_1863256_jpg_1557831361887]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @domhannett. Thanks for the troubleshooting that you've tried. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. I've shared your case with our Support team, they will continue assisting you on this. 

Thanks for sharing what helped you with this issue @Rkayser

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes