Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic auto pause gets enable by itself

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic auto pauses after I’ve selected manual pause. It has also paused during two recent runs so not recording parts of my runs. Very annoying. Didn’t have this problem with the surge. Any fixes in the pipeline or do I need to consider a different device like a garmin 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @GromHarbor, it's nice to see you around the forums! This shouldn't happen. Auto pause should remain off. Can you check if the auto pause gets enabled again when you close the Exercise App? 

Can you also check if auto pause gets enabled again just when you do it with the Run option? Or is it happening with every type of exercise? Have you tried performing a restart on Ionic to check if that would make any changes? That could help you out with this.

Also, please make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date. The version of iOS should be 2.48 and for Android it should be 2.69 as of today.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello my fitbit does the same. I used my ionic for a flat water kayak paddle yesterday in run mode and it kept vibrating and pausing. When I got back it had setting autopause enabled which previously I thought was off. I went for a paddle again today having turned auto pause before starting and during exercise my ionic kept pausing and I lost 2 miles out of my 6 miles paddle from being recorded. There is already an issue with having to manually set 1.0 mile splits before starting any exercise be it a run or paddle as it defaults back to 0.5 mile after every exercise which is very annoying. The auto pause is now even worse than the defaulting mileage, whilst sitting at my PC typing this 5 minutes ago again I set auto pause to off in run exercise mode, I've just relooked and it's defaulted back to on. I have done 10 second restart on ionic and this hasn't fixed it please advice as I don't seem to be the only person suffering this problem of losing logged distance/time whilst in middle of long distance exercising due to this major fault.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like there's a bug with Ionic when changing the autopause setting.  I found that if I turn autopause on or off, sync, and then do a GPS run, the recording of the run completely stops when my exercise cue comes on.  I have the cue set to ping me every two minutes so I can only record a two minute run, then I have to start the run recording all over again.   Fortunately, if I do a reset all works fine again until the next time I change autopause on or off, sync and run.  I now know to reset my Ionic after each time I change the autopause setting.   Looks like there's a bug in the autopause setting.

Best Answer
0 Votes