Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Wi-Fi downloads

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 4/21: This issue has now been resolved.

The issue where users were unable to complete Wi-Fi downloads on their Ionic has been resolved.

Thank you all for your patience as our team worked toward this resolution. I will now be closing this thread to help keep the community tidy. 

If you are still experiencing any issues when attempting a Wi-Fi download on your Ionic, I recommend checking out the resources detailed in this article

Thanks again all! 

Hi all. 

We have recently identified an issue that may affect some users when attempting a Wi-Fi download on Ionic. 

If you are currently having trouble downloading music or updating your Ionic via Wi-Fi, please restart Ionic and try again. 

Our team is investigating what might have caused this issue and are currently working on a fix. I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

During my update my ionic stalled with the Fitbit logo on the screen and the green light flashing on the back. Can't turn it off or connect to it. Nothing. Just a constant logo picture

Best Answer

I not only have the same problem the exercise button on the phone does nothing now. The watch also doesn’t display anymore when I turn it towards me; I have to push the button. I have also had problems with the screen displaying steps instead of the time. Pushing the left button will not take it to the original screen. I just received this watch as a Christmas gift. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having same problem. All I get is the logo.🤔. Please help soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My watch is useless. When can we have them replaced? This was a lot of money.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I was thinking the same thing. Mine it now working properly. After pushing all the buttons I finally was about to give up. I walked away from my phone and my Fitbit got a red X  on it then gave me a lot of new info. watch is working also. I think I'll like the update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was a Christmas gift as well. So after 24 hours of dealing with this I figured I’d just let the battery die and see if I could start over. In a last ditch effort I decided to hold down all the buttons at once instead of just the two on left side. The screen went black then a different Fitbit logo popped up on screen. A second later the clock face returned and all seems to be working good now. Weird but this worked for me. Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did yours update?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No it didn’t. And I’m gonna wait to try it again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. Please do keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue and my Fit bit Ionic is failing to connect to my IPhone 7. I have also tried the same on my other iPhone and IPad and the same result. I have uninstalled my Fit bit Ionic and also uninstalled Fit bit app and re-installed and I still have the same issue. This problem started on Sunday1 April and there appears to be no resolution to date.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cool, thanks for the update @MattFitbit.  Hopefully, whatever the issue is, it will be fixed soon.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same issue as well as the other problems.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having he exact same problems with mine

Best Answer
0 Votes

$300 and havent even had it a month and it has been absolutely worthless.  Nothing works.  And I purchased it through Verizon which has a 14 day return policy.  So I'm stuck with this garbage.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Welcome to the club.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree!  I've spent $300 and can't even use it.  I can't return it since I purchased it through Verizon and it's outside the 14 day window.  Fitbit, you need to make this right!   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got excited when I saw this, as this is what happened to my Ionic. It came back after the second time trying to push the left and bottom buttons together! Yeah! But then it started downloading again...oh no! So afraid it will do it again....waiting! Will let you know if it occurs again in the stuck mode.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matt-resetting does not seem to be working for my device and I have tried it  multiple (5) time so far...any hints?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m still here as well with the same issues. Can our watches be repaired.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes