Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic back button stuck

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Same happen over here, one day, left button stopped working. Blowing air did not word, vinegar did not work, restart did not work, ....

Being 4 years old, i decided it needs a surgery: i found that fluids go into the watch that way. It seems that the button has 2 "silicone/rubber" O rings over its axe. which decided to die. It looked like a corroded battery inside, near the button, button stuck, and switch broken.

Conclusion: Need a new watch. Hopefully, new haptic button on sense has no rubber O rings :):):).

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @mariusp. I´m sorry to hear about your Ionic´s button and thank you for sharing what you did with your watch.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndreaFitbit the watch was 4 years old, so I did not have any intention to pay for a serious service intervention.

After I fixed the mechanical problem of the button, I discovered that the switch itself is "FRIED", due to fluids as well. I do not know if other components were damaged, but for me was enough.

Also I am dissapointed for Ionic's "short life", I appreciate Fitbit products. I upgraded to Fitbit Sense. 

Note: Fitbit Sense does not have "moving" buttons, but has speakers and microphone. Lets wait and see how they resist to water.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for your feedback @mariusp

I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family;  Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes