Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic battery issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been a loyal Fitbit customer for many years. I purchased an Ionic in November.

My battery is draining incredibly fast. Not even lasting 2 days without exercise and without any app use. I just got off support chat with someone that confirmed I had 68% battery at 1:30am last night, and my watch has been dead since noon today. It completely skipped the 20% warning and went straight to dead. I do not have all-day sync enabled either. 

The support representative blamed it on my charger not supplying enough power, but I'm charging the watch to 100%. If the watch isn't 100% charged it shouldn't be displaying it's fully charged. That's a device issue. 

I love my Fitbit, but the lack of quality service I've received whenever I've had an issue is making me consider throwing this thing out and going to Garmin. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Have you restarted your device?  It may be an internal bug that the watch is experiencing.

First try a soft reset.  This will not cause you to lose any data.  Hold down the bottom right and left buttons at the same time for about 20 seconds and release.  You should then see the Fitbit logo indicating a successful restart.

Failing that, you could try a hard reset.  You may want to sync the device first if you can, as this will cause a factory reset.  Hold down all three buttons until you see a giant X on the screen.  From there, the Fitbit should boot up, but you may want to place it on the charger anyways in case it gets tricked into thinking there is no charge.  From there, you will have to go through the entire setup process again.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes