Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic battery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Ionic in December 2017 after downloading the last update in January 2019 my Ionic battery lasts about 12 hours.  Prior to the update my battery lasted 2+ days.  Very frusting!!!  My Ionic is basically unless for me now...constant charging is a serious problem!  I has seen many complaints on this issue and haven't seen any fix by Fitbit yet!!!!!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@mike32168Welcome to the Community. It's definitely worth trying a few restarts in succession as @USAF-Larry suggests.

I had an issue some time ago with mine and I did the same thing after fully recharging and it cured the issue. I always give my Ionic a reboot after every charge and have not had any problems since. It's defiantly not the firmware that's casing the issue. I am currently getting 5 days from my Ionic between charge cycles.

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5
Are you using a stock watch face? I had a similar (but not as serious) issue last year where mine lasted about 2 days, instead of the usual 4+. FWIW after the latest update I didn't notice any difference in battery life.
Best Answer

@mike32168, the latest firmware update did not cause any battery issues with my Ionic, so no sure that is the problem with your Ionic.  If you have not already done so, do a Restart 3 times in a row for the Ionic and see if that corrects the battery life issue.  Let us know if that works.

Best Answer

MikeD73,

I am not using a Fitbit Stock Face. For the past year I have been using a
paid face offered in the Fitbit Face app. I will change to a stock face
and see it that works.
Thank you!

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, when you get a chance, leave it charging for an hour or more after it says its charged.

I had a USB power meter on mine once, and after drawing 150mA or so while charging, when it displayed 99% or 100% it still trickled charged at 50mA, after which I'm sure the battery life indicator sort of reset.

Best Answer

@mike32168Welcome to the Community. It's definitely worth trying a few restarts in succession as @USAF-Larry suggests.

I had an issue some time ago with mine and I did the same thing after fully recharging and it cured the issue. I always give my Ionic a reboot after every charge and have not had any problems since. It's defiantly not the firmware that's casing the issue. I am currently getting 5 days from my Ionic between charge cycles.

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer