Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic being disconnected in the Fitbit App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is the Fitbit app not only disconnect from the Ionic watch but also terminating or deleting the watch? When the app is opened up, the Ionic watch is no longer visible so it the user has to run through the setup device again and again to access the watch. My Ionic watch at this point usually loses the time and other settings. 
This can’t be something wrong completely with the Ionic watch. I have an Alta HR and the app doesn’t just suddenly drop its setup. It actually never deletes the Alta’s setup. Doesn’t that seem a little odd. 
Even if the Ionic is bad or can’t keep a connection because of it hardware, why is the app software deleting from its database. This indicates the app may be messing the Ionic up or at least contributing to diagnosing the  problem.  I believe the app is also messing up the phone’s Bluetooth connection. Using an iPhone, the Bluetooth settings shows the Ionic is connected even through the Fitbit app does not show the Ionic as a device. Is someone aware of and working on this problem?  There must be a problem with the Fitbit app itself which may be affecting the Ionic watch. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

It’s good to see you in the community, @IonicIronic.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling about this situation and would like to confirm if you're using several devices to sync your watch? If so, please confirm if you're using the same email address for your Fitbit account on all devices:

1. Open the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab, and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Account settings.
  3. Tap Change email address and check your email address. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My email within the Fitbit app on my iPhone is correct. 
After not wearing the Ionic for the past 4 days and putting it back in the box to be sent back for a refund, I decided to check it out again today. The battery had completely discharged after being factory reset. So, I plugged it back into the charger and let it charge up most of the way.  I again set it up as a new device. After it had completed the setup, it actually kept the correct time and other data for 4 or 5 hours. I took a walk, and mowed the yard with it and it seemed to be acting ok. But as I was sitting watching some TV, I got a message on the Ionic telling me I had reached an exercise goal. The Ionic immediately vibrates again and showed me a changed clock face with a wrong time. I new it had lost connection with the app and sure enough, when I check Ed the app, the Ionic was no longer listed as a device. The app had lost the Ionic device in its setup. Why would the app just delete the Ionic out of its database of devices.  I also have deleted my Alta HR out of the Fitbit app after I setup the Ionic to take out that variable from the equation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @IonicIronic.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. Since you continue experiencing difficulties, I recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can look deeper into the issue and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe my Fitbit account has gotten linked to another account.  Last night I watched my Ionic add an extra 11k of steps and then show me a run with a map in Katar which is over 5000 miles from where I actaully live. 
Another member gave me advise to delete all my authorized devices from my account except my phone. I’m not sure if this will work but will try it for a while (until it starts deleting the Ionic from the Fitbit app). 

Best Answer

Thank you for your response, @IonicIronic.

I understand your concern and thank you for providing the additional information. I see that you're working with our Support team. I am sure they will do their best to investigate the issue and help you resolve it. I appreciate your efforts and look forward to getting you back on track.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes