Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic shows wrong time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

After my battery going completing dead, I recharged my fitbit.

But it keeps showing the wrong time. I did a hard reset, multiple times, but it still shows the wrong time.

Please help? Thank you!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It’s good to see you in the community, @curlygirlieWelcome to the Fitbit Community, @Stumanydjs.

@curlygirlie Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I recommend checking if your Fitbit device is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update my Fitbit device? Additionally, in the Fitbit App, click your profile photo > App settings > toggle Automatic time zone off/on > sync your device. For more information, see How do I fix the time on my Fitbit device? 

@Stumanydjs I am sorry that you are going through the same situation. Thank you for your efforts to resolve this and working with our Support team. I recommend you continue working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone. Meanwhile, you can check if you have turned on "Set automatically" for date and time on your phone: open your phone's settings > tap General > tap Date & Time > and then toggle "Set Automatically" on. 

Hope this helps.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Mine the same 

Doesn’t sync with my iPhone correctly and after the time starts correctly during the day it just gets more and more out of time with the correct time. Support told me to try resetting and changing to another time zone but problem still exists. Every Fitbit I’ve had seems to have issues with it after about 10 months every time something different 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s good to see you in the community, @curlygirlieWelcome to the Fitbit Community, @Stumanydjs.

@curlygirlie Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I recommend checking if your Fitbit device is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update my Fitbit device? Additionally, in the Fitbit App, click your profile photo > App settings > toggle Automatic time zone off/on > sync your device. For more information, see How do I fix the time on my Fitbit device? 

@Stumanydjs I am sorry that you are going through the same situation. Thank you for your efforts to resolve this and working with our Support team. I recommend you continue working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone. Meanwhile, you can check if you have turned on "Set automatically" for date and time on your phone: open your phone's settings > tap General > tap Date & Time > and then toggle "Set Automatically" on. 

Hope this helps.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar problem. The ionic keeps changing its time (sometimes forward, sometimes backward). It seems to usually be 4 hours behind. 
It also constantly disconnects from my iPhone. I have to restart the ionic and then run through the setup process.  It has  updated firmware to the current 27.72.1.15. It also loses which clock it was set to and other settings. I’ve reset it back to factory defaults twice today with it starting to act badly within a couple of hours. The first ionic I purchased didn’t work right out of the box. It would never keep anything in its settings and the green light never came on. It was factory reset a couple of times as well without any change. 
I’m  guessing the ionic is no longer offered through Fitbit because it suffers from either a poor design or bad firmware. (Or both). 
Best looking Fitbit but apparently one of the worst engineered. I’m attempting to have the seller either replace the watch or return my money. I’m willing to listen to Fitbit but I’ve reconnected and re synced it about 20 times today. 
This problem has been going on for about 2 weeks and has become much worse in the last few days. 
And the green light on the back is always on now. It’s usually goes out after taking the watch off but it never goes off now. I’ve even turned of the heart meter in the watch but the green light is still on. It did go out after plugging it into the charger. 
Too bad, nice looking watch that doesn’t work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I forgot to mention, I also have an Alta HR which runs like a top. It’s always found by the Fitbit app (the ionic is not found in the app after an hour or so). Somebody designed the Alta well and somebody else designed the Ionic poorly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe the “time” on my ionic keeps reverting back to Helsinki time. I loses the ability to communicate, sync and reverts to a time that is 20 hours ahead of my own time.  I couldn’t see the if it was am or pm until I change the clock face to one that displayed the date and am/pm data. I am going to assume the Helsinki time is the default time. It certainly isn’t picking it up from my iPhone but maybe the Fitbit app (which is up to date) is doing it to the watch. My guess is the watch can’t hold its settings anymore.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! This fixed the problem.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @curlygirlieIt’s good to see you in the community, @IonicIronic.

@IonicIronic Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. I understand how you are feeling. I was able to see that you have already contacted our Support team regarding this, please continue working with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution.

@curlygirlie This is great news and I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience! 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes