Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic counting steps in rest

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have updated the app a few days ago and since then ionic has gone nuts: it counts steps on its own and did like 90,000 steps yesterday. I started reseting, changing to factory settings but nothing helps.

It is basically useless since upgrade. 😞 I emailed customer service twice a few days ago and didn't get a reply either. Not cool for an expansive product.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

It's great to see you around @VanjaR. Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. It's pretty weird that your Ionic is tracking this big amount of steps. In this case, I would like you to confirm if your watch wasn't near a fan, which might be vibrating on the same surface, this might track some steps. 

Also, provide me with more information by replying to the following questions: 

- Where was your Ionic when it tracked these steps?

- Was it charging or you were using it?

Regarding email that you wrote to Customer Service, the estimated time to reply from it's 2 days. They should reply soon. To confirm that they received your email, you should receive an email back. 

I'll be around, let me know the outcome. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi,

the irregular counting started after I updated the device on Thursday. On Friday I noticed in the afternoon that it didn't track any steps so I restarted it - which then caused the crazy step count. It does it regardless of where the device is (not near any moving or vibrating surfaces). It counted on a restaurant desk, at my home, on my wrist. I tried resetting, returning to factory setting, shutting down (a few times all), deleting and downloading the ios app, unparing and pairing, changing the clock face ...

Today it has been counting while I moved or just sat in the office. It also counted on a table on a solid not moving and vibrating surface.

Thank you for your help,

Vanja

Best Answer