Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic cracked back

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi 
I have had ionic for a while now so don't believe it is under warranty. However the metal backing has cracked from the centre out  to the left hand side you can run your nail through this and feel it.

I am no longer convinced this will be waterproof so have to remove it whenever i canoe or kaya meaning that this exercise is not tracked. has anyone else had this problem and is there a way to get the rear case replaced with a new one? I have been using fitbits for a number of years with a couple of the charge 2's before this but it seems each one has an issue like the cracking screen on the charges and the cracking case I have here. I know the watch has not been dropped or manhandled so have no idea why it has cracked but there do appear to be stress fractures along that same edge that are really hairline

Hope someone can advise if a repair is possible or not hopefully in the UK.?IMG_2154[1].JPGIMG_2153[1].JPG

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @micklldo  you could use one of those armband type waterproof pouches that people put their phones into. It should work to put your Ionic in while you're around watery activities. Might be worth checking them out. If you do use one, let us know how it works for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there @micklldo

Thank you for sharing the details of the issue you’re experiencing and for attaching a picture. I understand how you are feeling about this situation and appreciate your efforts to resolve this.

Please note that currently Fitbit does not have a repair center, but I suggest to contact our Support Team so they can look deeper into the issue and help you with this matter. You can contact them through chat or over the phone. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer

thanks Cindy, 
Chat did not come up as an option so have emailed them, hope they will see this so they can see the photo's

As mentioned this is my 3rd Fitbit now and I am getting a bit disillusioned that they are meant to be for tracking me exercising which for me can include water, walking, cycling and climbing but now just don't to risk wearing this if there is a change of rain or a lot of sweat incase the moisture gets inside and fries it!

thanks again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @micklldo  you could use one of those armband type waterproof pouches that people put their phones into. It should work to put your Ionic in while you're around watery activities. Might be worth checking them out. If you do use one, let us know how it works for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi

Trouble is it won't do things like heart beat and unlikely to be as accurate on tracking steps etc. as it won't move like I does on your wrist 

But a good thought for just GPS distance 

Thanks

Best Answer