Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic disappears from computers and phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does my Ionic disappear from my computers and cell phone? Sometimes I turn my computer on and  can't get steps or sleep displayed? When I click the upper right corner symbol to display features often the Ionic is not listed. I have to SET UP A DEVICE again to get it back. I have similar difficulties with my cell phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@ok1wire It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for the detailed information shared. 

I appreciate that you got in touch about this. It's pretty weird that your Ionic is disappearing from your account and you need to set it up again. 

I would like you to make sure you're logging into the same account every time you're logging into your app or online Dashboard. This could be the reason why your Ionic keeps disappearing from your account. I've noticed that this usually happens when you have two email addresses that are similar, so you could log into your app or Dashboard using a different one. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I log into the same account each time, not using email. I have two laptops. I have lost FITBIT IONIC on each of them and on my cell phone. IONIC occasionally is gone when I log on but once it disappeared while I was using it. Might that occurrence have been due to the fact that I was on the account on both laptops at the same time?

In a possibly associated problem, I often have trouble syncing the watch and computers. Would a low WIFI signal be the cause? I usually get 3 or fewer WIFI bars. The Cell phone always syncs faster.

While I have your attention, the sleep function shows a sleep score on the phone but not on the computers.

I usually wake up in the middle of the night thinking of problems like this. Solving them will help my sleep.

John
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ok1wire Thanks for getting back. Now you could say that somehow Fitbit is helping you to sleep when you wake up in the middle of the night. 😅

In this case, I've shared your post to our Support team and they will continue assisting you through email, they will continue assisting you with your Ionic disappearing from your account. 

Regarding the syncing issues that you experience, a low internet signal could cause syncing issues. As you mentioned, it syncs faster with your cellular data on your phone. Learn more about it by checking this article: How do Fitbit devices sync their data? 

In regards to the sleep score showing on your Fitbit app, this is available only through the Fitbit app and not through the computer. If you would like that this could be available on the computer, you may want to post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those ideas are reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes