Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic display is not working properly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic Display GlitchHi there,

since this morning the display of my Fitbit Ionic is not working.

Just stopped working and overnight discharged the battery from 90% to zero.

I bought them just 2 months ago.

What could it be? Until this moment the watch worked perfectly.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
94 REPLIES 94

I purchased a Iconic from the Manchester Airport in July so I can not return it to store till the next year. I am having the same issue. My screen is just blank it has been on charge for the past 12 hours. Six hours each on two diffeent charging cables to rule that out. I have tried all resests and restarts to no affect.

How do I return this device. I have had two previous fitbit with no issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SteveOzy Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Sorry for the delayed response.

It seems that you have contacted Customer Support already. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support as soon as possible.

If you need assistance, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the exact same issues with my ionic. Please advise what I can do. Thank you 

Best Answer

@EdwinSGP Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Sorry for the delay in my response.

I regret to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your Fitbit Ionic.

Please perform a restart to your watch by following the steps on the article How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If this doesn't work, you can perform a factory reset by following the next steps but keep in mind that your apps, stored data, personal information, credit and debit cards, and saved settings will be deleted from the device:

1. Press and hold the three buttons on your Fitbit for up to 20 seconds.
2. Once the logo is shown on the screen and then disappear, release the bottom button and hold the other two until you hear a strong vibration. This indicates the reset has started, so you have to release the other two buttons.
3. This procedure can take several seconds and from time to time the device will reset to zero showing the logo and the Fitbit.com/setup site.
4. If the bottom button is not released at the right time or this procedure is not followed correctly, the logo will be shown quickly and the Versa will restart without completing the factory reset.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same issue and cannot restart my ionic.

Best Answer

Display not working

Best Answer

@S_jlewis @Bhanu007 Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Ionic is not working. Thank you for trying to resolve the issue before contacting us.

To evaluate your situation, I created a case with Customer Support. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I bought Fitbit ionic in Chicago in Oct 2018 and it was working perfect until a back when I used it while in a swimming pool. Display has gone and since then I have tried every option suggested here.

display does not come and even if it comes it disappears in a second. 
logo comes and goes but the display does not . 
Please suggest 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Saby61 Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

Thank you for the information provided and for following our troubleshooting steps before getting in touch.

I just sent this information to our team to evaluate your case. They will contact you as soon as possible. Please check your inbox on the next days.

Feel free to contact us back at any time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started experiencing the same blank screen issue as others described here. The ionic did appear to be working properly other than the blank display. It still tracked my activities and synced with my phone.

I rebooted it many times with no luck and decided to follow your advice to perform a factory reset. It went through the reset, but the display is still blank. I know the factory reset happened because my phone no longer recognizes it and informed me that “Tracker Needs Set Up”. Going through the set up, it searches and finds my ionic then asks “Enter the number on your Ionic’s display.” Well that’s just great because I can’t see the number on my Ionic’s blank display 🤦‍:male_sign: Now I am worse off than when I started. At least I was still getting stats tracked and synced before the factory reset. Very frustrating... please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ronmd001 Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I regret to hear that your Fitbit Ionic display doesn't work. 

To evaluate your situation, I created a case with Customer Support. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much.
Look forward to your support.

Thanks

Sanjay

Sent from Sanjay's i Phone,
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issues with my Ionic. It turns on then turns itself off.

Best Answer

@Saby61 Thanks for your response.

I'm pretty sure our team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

@msgdragondad Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

Before going any further, please confirm that you've followed our troubleshooting steps provided above.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I followed the steps but nothing could happen.

After 15 months of usage my display became an issue and now I realise that there is no way it can be repaired or replaced.

Fitbit service team are standing behind the wall of 12 months of warranty and have raised their hand stating it’s out of warranty and can not do anything.

So I have no option but to garbage the tracker.

A big mistake of buying a product which has very poor service infrastructure and the product does not stand up to the tall claims of being water resistant ! It’s a defective , use and throw product . Once it malfunctions post warranty we need to throw it.

So better be careful when buying a Fitbit product. I would not recommend such product.

Thanks

Best Answer
I have been a loyal Fitbit customer since owning a Fitbit 2 for several years before receiving my Ionic.  The device is obviously flawed with all the similar display issues reported.  Even knowing that, I'd still purchase another one if given a discount to make it worth the money.  However, Fitbit is telling me that my value as a loyal customer for many years is only worth an extra 5% discount compared to any new customer that is purchasing from their website.  Sadly, I will be taking my business elsewhere.

I know for a fact that Apple takes great care of their Apple watch customers. My wife has owned one for many years.  Any issue she encountered was handle very satisfactorily.  I was hoping to convert her to Fitbit with a new Versa 2, but that doesn't make sense anymore.  My son's Alta died recently.  I did not contact support about it because I was ready to upgrade him to a charge 3 anyway, but not anymore.  I was getting my 6 year old an Ace 2, but again not anymore.

Fitbit does not provide an acceptable repair/replace option for their devices.  I cannot justify repurchasing a device at close to what new customers pay every time it acts up.  Fitbit really needs to do better to keep existing customers.  Good luck...

Best Answer

@Saby61 @Ronmd001 Thank you for getting back to us.

I'm very sorry to hear that your experience wasn't pleasant. Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please implement a decent repair/replace program for trackers that are no longer covered by your limited warranty. If an exiting customer’s only option is to purchase a new Ionic, you can do better than offering $12.50 off what a new customer would currently pay. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contrary to what everyone is writing Fitbit sent both me and my father in law replacement devices (or the option to purchase a new one with a discount). So far so good, although I’m a little unnerved by the number of faulty ones out there....

Best Answer

I am not going to purchase a new one . Whatever level of discount they give. They have launched a product which is not completely insulated from defects.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes