Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic display won't respond to touch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received a brand new fitbit ionic and had no success with setting it up. After a first setup, the  touchscreen never worked at all. It took me hours to find out that it’s not me doing it wrong but the device just not responding to any kind of touch event.

So I tried two scenarios to hard reset the ionic (  a)holding the 3 keys all together until logo appears and   b) doing the same but releasing the front bottom key after a while ). After both type of resets I get the

„data not cleared sync & try again“

Meanwhile i run several tries with a complete new setup but none with success. The touch screen remains with no function and the above error message is always popping up. Very frustrating.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@SeaDweller4000 Welcome to our Fitbit Community. I totally understand how you feel about the "Data not Cleared" message that your Fitbit ionic has experienced. By the way, thank you for trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

Since the issue persists, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected and our Support team will be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

See you around.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Juan,

Thank you for your feedback. I will send the ionic back for refund of money. Why?

• Touch Display not working
  • Display not working or readable in brighter light (in fact the display seems to be completely off)
  • Factory Reset not working
  • Endless list of poor quality of Fitbit Ionic

I am not willing spending that much money for such a low quality. Very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SeaDweller4000 I'm sorry to hear that you decided to return your Fitbit device due to the experience you had with it. I totally understand how you feel about this and we appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Juan,

You deleted the part from this post title stating that the touch display isn‘t responding.

Would you mind to revert this because this was my major issue? The reset issue was just the followup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SeaDweller4000 I appreciate your feedback. As per your request, the title has been edited to the main issue that your Fitbit device experienced.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes