Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live GPS tracking with Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I’ve seen this question asked before although all those threads seem to be in 2017/18 so I want to see if there are any updates:

wanting to know if Fitbit ( ionic) has the ability to share your live location and status with Fitbit friends whilst your on a run, using the run feature. Not for safety purposes, but for your Fitbit friends to be able to track your location, pace, kilometers, laps etc in real time, for fun and collaboration and teamwork purposes. If no, does Garmin have this feature? Given it’s been so long since this feature was requested and voted, it might be time to switch to Garmin if it’s not available with Fitbit. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Kcoxall.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your feedback and suggestion. I understand how you are feeling and recommend voting for this Feature Suggestion so our team can track demand and potentially have this implemented in the future. Our Feature Suggestions board is a great place to make your ideas heard. You can read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. How many votes are required for this to be a feature taken quite seriously?

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @Kcoxall.

I understand your concern and would like to advise that there are several factors that influence what Feature Suggestions get prioritized for future development. For more information, please check How does Fitbit decide what Feature Suggestions are released? in our Feature Suggestion FAQs

Have a good weekend.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer