Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic does not charge anymore and touch screen does not react anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

I've been using my Ionic for 2 years now, and yesterday all of a sudden it started vibrating by itself. I shut it down (from the About menu), but once back on, it started vibrating again. I factory reset it and synced it again with my Phone, and ever since it does not charge anymore, and the touch screen does not react.

I restarted it already many times (by holding the left + bottom right buttons for about 12 seconds), it turns back on, but same thing - no reaction to the touch, nor charging. It shows that it charges, but it doesn't, and after a while the screen blocks on 0% and has to be restarted again.

Currently I have 20% battery left and I was wondering if something can be done to save it, or I should just spend its last 20% saying farewell 🙂

My only option so far is to keep restarting it (since only the button commands work), or throw it away and buy a new one.

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Oana

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Keep it on the charger when doing a restart. Try a higher current different charging source. Simplest way is just try different chargers/USB ports until one works.

Try the 3 button reset whilst connected to the charger, as mentioned hundreds of times in previous threads. 

If you haven't checked previous threads, hold all 3 buttons in together, when the logo appear release the bottom right button, keep the other two buttons pressed until the Ionic vibrates - then release. Keep on the charger during this process.

Goodluck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar problem for my 2 year old Ionic as well. It doesn't charge and in addition to that, my screen gets heated up if connected to the Original charging cable. For couple of days, restarting the watch resolved the issue but last one week, it is permanently off. I have contacted the customer care and is waiting for the nearest HUB shipping address so that i can ship the pebble to them for possible repair/replacement. Fingers crossed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes