Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic doesn't support lap run

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just received my ionic and very disappointed to see it does not support "Lap Run". I have a Surge and use the Lap Run functionality multiple times per week. I'm returning my Ionic as this is a key part of my workouts. I realize the Ionic does measure laps via GPS distance, but my workouts vary the lap distance. So a workout might include running a 200m, 400m, and 600m without a break. This means I need to hit a button to measure the lap time, not have it pre-determined by GPS.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi. I was concerned about this but there are lap times! check: run-settings-"show cues" set to manual. This enables 'lap' times and looks like it works, but I haven't tried it during exercise yet...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi. I was concerned about this but there are lap times! check: run-settings-"show cues" set to manual. This enables 'lap' times and looks like it works, but I haven't tried it during exercise yet...

Best Answer

Thanks! The only issue I have now is that the lap times don't show up in the web app or the mobile app. They are only on the Ionic (until you exit the run). But this a great step, thanks!

Best Answer

@kwminnick wrote:

Thanks! The only issue I have now is that the lap times don't show up in the web app or the mobile app. They are only on the Ionic (until you exit the run). But this a great step, thanks!

It isn't the Ionic, the latest version of the phone and web dashboard have changed; the same issue you're encountering holds true with the Surge and probably for the rest of the Fitbit trackers as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well that is disappointing! If someone sets (auto cue/lap) to manual, there's a fair chance they want to import that into their training diary - at least that would be my expectation and need.

Best Answer

@Johnari wrote:

Well that is disappointing! If someone sets (auto cue/lap) to manual, there's a fair chance they want to import that into their training diary - at least that would be my expectation and need.

That be awesome

Feel free to add your suggestions to the Feature Suggestions page, where users can vote, if there be enough interest, it can be picked up by the developers of Fitbit to make the idea come true (when decided to do).

Tip Search if a certain idea already has been suggested to avoid multiple suggestions regarding the same idea.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, totally agree with you: I just suggested an update of the display in the app to include "lap time" for each cue.

Please vote if you are interested.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Ionic-Exercice-add-display-of-split-times-in-app...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Too bad the run function doesn't work on indoor tracks :(. I have to use treadmill mode which isn't totaĺy accurate, and I have to count my laps in my head

Best Answer
0 Votes