Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic flashes Fitbit logo

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Accidentally hit the Reset button on watch instead of Shutdown.

Information is still on PC. Tried doing a Reset Ionic. Seemed to work on pc but watch is still flashing the logo with www.fitbit.com/setup.  Tried turning off and on again but keep getting same thing.  Can anybody help please??? Thank you ....

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Kate67.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I recommend making sure your device's firmware is updated: How do I update my Fitbit device? If you experience any difficulties with updating your watch, please follow our troubleshooting tips at Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Update from previous post.

Accidentally hit Reset instead of Shutdown on Ionic.  I did this once before and after I reset, I could never get the music to transfer from pc to watch so that was a waste as it was the main I reason I purchased the Ionic in the first place!

Tried Resetting 3 times on my pc - would not let me - just got web address displaying on watch.

Ended up putting app on phone and it sort of worked. Was able to track steps, time was displayed however Bluetooth would not work and when plugged into pc for charging, it still would not find tracker or sync etc.

Shutdown overnight and turned on in morning. Time displayed was the time I shut it down the night before and the steps continued - they did not restart.  Fixed the timing part in app but because Bluetooth not working on watch, it would not sync so did not update on watch.  Then later in day, all of a sudden, the time fixed itself, then at some stage it did a sync on pc but then would not do it again. Now it will not sync at all.  Have tried so many times to reset device; have spent so many hours on this and I am ready to throw the watch out the window. It is sooooo frustrating.  

Has my watch come to the end of it's life (purchased about 3.5 years ago) or is my only option to delete my account and start from scratch?? Reluctant to do this as I am in the middle of a  fitness challenge thing and having history and stats is really helpful.  Anyone got any ideas????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @Kate67.

I am sorry to hear about the frustration this situation has caused. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your efforts and the additional details. If your watch is not syncing, this difficulty is usually caused by a missing requirement and I recommend following the complete troubleshooting steps at Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

If the device is still showing the wrong time after syncing, please try the additional troubleshooting steps here

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes