Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic floor counting accuracy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic counted my motorcycle ride as climbing 88 floors and threw my stats waaay off for the day. Previous Charge 2 never had this issue. Will this be an issue when driving a car as well?? Fitbit pleas have updated firmware soon! My ionic mostly works but so many bugs, considering sending back. 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

Same.  I don’t even want it displaying on the watch face because it’s so wildly inaccurate and that bothers me terribly every single day.

Best Answer

I have the same issue with my Ionic, I live in a one floor apartment and I almost never use any stairs but I cycle a lot. When I cycle uphill I get a ton of floors and regardless if I cycle or not that day I get floors registered every day. I know that the way it works is using the barometer and estimating the floors by approximately counting 10 feet at a time while you're moving. Unfortunately, it seems that the algorythm used by Fitbit to estimate motion while going up the stairs is not very accurate. I come from Garmin watches and they have been dead accurate on my floor count.

Is Fitbit working on this?

I'm very happy with the Ionic so far, battery life is good, heart rate monitor is pretty accurate, everything is great but the floor counter is extremely inaccurate. If I walk from on side of the elevator and to the other while going up it will count floors as it assumes I'm also climbing stairs.

Any updates on that would be great!

Best Answer

I reseat the Iconic and the stairs started reporting accurately. 

Thanks for passing along the method to getting the stairs to record correctly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the opposite problem. My ionic does not count floors consistently. If I go up just one flight of stairs, I get nothing. I have to get into a sequence of going up and down the same flights of stairs before it starts to count correctly. But if I just move from one floor of my house to another, 9 times out of ten it won't count it at all. I've tried resetting it but the **ahem**ed thing just isn't consistent. I'm sick of going up and down stairs only to see there is nothing counted.

Best Answer