Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic heart rate increases from selecting workout

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does my heart rate increase just from selecting workout mode? My heart rate can be resting in the high 60's but just by pressing a button it can jump into the 100's! My watch is over a year old now bit it's done this from new.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @xvxSANDMANxvx.

Thank you for sharing the details of the issue you’re experiencing. I understand how you are feeling. Occasionally your device may have difficulty getting a strong signal and you may notice a spike or dip in your reading as your device finds your heart rate. The normal tracking should resume shortly. For more information about the factors affecting your heart-rate reading, see What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?

See more tips about tracking your heart rate in How do I track heart rate with my Fitbit device?

I’ll be around if you need further help.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi and thanks for your reply. I'm pretty sure the readings have little to do with the activity as I can be sat in a chair and select 'start workout and this happens every time. On a similar issue, if I am working out hard (HIIT training for example) but don't select workout mode, my heart rate barely reaches 100bpm.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

How tight do you keep your wrist band?  I have found unless my tracker is quite snug to my arm, my heart rate readings can fluctuate quite dramatically.  I went for a run recently and forgot to snug my tracker down before I started, and then remembered at roughly the first mile mark; my heart rate track for that run shows my BMP up in the 190 range for the first mile (pretty funny given I'm in my mid sixties), and then instantly dropping to about 125 bmp when I snugged the band down.

Best Answer

Hi,

It does it regardless of whether its lose or tight. Picture this.. I'm sat om the sofa and heart rate is 51bpm. I press 'workout and heartrate increases to over 100bpm. Now I'm a reasonably fit guy and don't consider tapping a screen that strenuous.

Regards 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @xvxSANDMANxvx. It's nice to see you around, @shipo.

@shipo Thank you for sharing your experience. I appreciate your time and efforts to help other users. 

@xvxSANDMANxvx I appreciate the additional details and recommend turning off/on your heart rate setting and restarting your watch: How do I restart my Fitbit device? If the issue persists, please let me know if your heart rate is being tracked accurately during the workout after the initial spike?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes