Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic heart rate sensor not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to contact the contact support team, very frustrating, the Heart rate monitor is not working correctly with it being very erratic and given extremely high levels, I have restarted fit bit, wore another device which I know is accurate, can someone please help as getting nothing back from fit bit.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @rikkilow, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here, I understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors of your device are still flashing? Or are they completely unresponsive? Did you experience this situation in the past or is it the first time? To fix this heart rate tracking issue, I recommend you to check the information that's specified on our help article: Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device? and try the troubleshooting steps that are specified there. Please let me know if the issue persists.

Looking forward to your reply. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @rikkilow, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here, I understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors of your device are still flashing? Or are they completely unresponsive? Did you experience this situation in the past or is it the first time? To fix this heart rate tracking issue, I recommend you to check the information that's specified on our help article: Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device? and try the troubleshooting steps that are specified there. Please let me know if the issue persists.

Looking forward to your reply. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all of the trouble shooting tips and have restarted my Ionic several times. After restarting about 4 days ago the heart rate started working again and then quit again today. Even after trying everything the lights are complete dead in the back. The Ionic is about 18 months old. My prior Ionic only lasted about 2 years. These are not inexpensive and to have to replace every 18-24 months is not viable!!! Please help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi did you manage to sort the problem as my bpm, steps and calories have stopped working. Tried all the suggestions and troubleshooting but nothing 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I eventually got a replacement as none of the troubleshooting worked

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Flower79. Thank you for your reply, @rikkilow.

@Flower79 Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your device. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I was able to see that you have already contacted our Support team regarding this and that they were able to assist you. Thank you for your time and efforts.

@rikkilow I am glad to hear that you were sent a replacement. Thank you for the update. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create new topics.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes