Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic Logo Blinking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried to update my fitbit ionic. It stopped connecting to my phone. I reset it to factory settings.

Once that happened, the fitbit logo would not stop blinking on my ionic. And I can not get it to re-connect with my phone. And I can not get it to do anything else than blink.

What do I do?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@AllyRunnerV12 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for trying to update Ionic to its latest firmware version. This is a strange situation.

Are you still experiencing the same? If you are please perform a simple restart just as @supersmart01234 suggested above. Then, you should be able to continue and update Ionic. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

@AllyRunnerV12wrote:

I tried to update my fitbit ionic. It stopped connecting to my phone. I reset it to factory settings.

Once that happened, the fitbit logo would not stop blinking on my ionic. And I can not get it to re-connect with my phone. And I can not get it to do anything else than blink.

What do I do?

Try holding left and botttom right buttons down at the same time for about 10 sec.If that doesn’t work, call Fitbit support.

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer

@AllyRunnerV12 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for trying to update Ionic to its latest firmware version. This is a strange situation.

Are you still experiencing the same? If you are please perform a simple restart just as @supersmart01234 suggested above. Then, you should be able to continue and update Ionic. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hello I am having the same issue with my ionic. The simple reset did not work for me.

Best Answer

Try removing the Ionic from your app than set it up as a new device. I have always had to do this after a factory reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and have tried all options previously mentioned with no luck. What now?

Best Answer

@Jbrucker Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing this. Thanks for trying those steps to sort this out.

Have the battery drained completely on your watch? What happens when you charge it after this?

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same issue. After my fitbit stopped synchronising more than a day ago, I removed it from my app and factory reset it. After re-adding it back to my account, I received a notification within the android app that a firmware update was required. The update did not want to start and I kept getting notifications on either bluetooth or wifi to retry. I tried to remove and re-add the device from my account again and now it is stuck with the logo flashing on and off. I have tried the restart with the back + bottom button and nothing changes. I have also tried the factory reset with the 3 buttons, release bottom right and wait until it buzzes, but I still get the same flashing logo. I don't know what else to do 😞

It is also fully charged so I can't wait for it to run down because that will take best part of a week.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.

I tried everything I have found since my ionic started losing time. Yesterday I did the reset. And now I have a fancy flashy paper weight.

It wont sync. Won't show anything but the flashing symbol. Wont turn on or off.

I'm at wits end.

I depend on this thing daily for my job and my daily routine.

Best Answer

My issue was the same, losing time and not synchronising. then unable to detect the device with my mobile app, flashing logo, unable to factory reset with the 3 button option.
I did email them last night but I got bored of waiting for a response so I contacted them about 15 minutes ago via their online chat option. They will go through a few steps with you and if it can't be resolved and your fitbit falls under warranty, they will send you a replacement. I have just received an email with my replacement options that I need to complete.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I will have to call them.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nothing ever worked. I let the battery, tried setting it back to factory settings and still got nothing. I wish I had done more homework before buying this **ahem**!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am done with fitbit - their products are just not reliable. This is the second device I've had randomly fail just outside of the warranty. It stops synching, loses time, and then you try the recommended resets and you get this blinking brick fail. Their customer service is very slow to respond and there is nothing they can do with shoddy hardware anyway. Complete ripoff.

Best Answer

It's great to see you on the Community @Firess and @Lorieann222. I apologize for the delay response. I appreciate that you've shared your experience with the Community and for letting us know that you've already contacted our Customer Service. 

Hey there @Jbrucker. I appreciate the troubleshoot that you've performed. Sorry for the delay in my response. In this case, I've shared your post with our Customer Service, they will continue assisting you on this matter. 

Hey @Jsample12. Thanks for your feedback about our Customer Service. Rest assure that each solution that our team provides in based on the Fitbit Warranty

I'll be around if you have any further questions! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Had the same issues.  Tried restarting many times, even factory resets.  Also retried using cell phone and computer.  Every time it finishes uploading and app says upload complete, then no more communication with watch, and blinking blue icon.  Poorly designed.  NOT COOL....bad Christmas Present.  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cvertz Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for posting the experience you have had with your Ionic showing the blinking blue icon. Thanks for trying the restart and factory reset steps in order to sort this out.

This may be happening as a result of your tracker having a firmware update available, but not completing. In this case, I'd recommend trying the steps shown on this helpful article in order to sort this out. Try the steps in the order given for best results.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Change your clock face! It fixed the error!

Go onto your fitting app and change your clock face. It will fix the error. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to mine and I was sent a replacement.I left my faulty one in a draw .a few months later decided to give it another go ,I fully charged it then powered it on and it had a red X and said update failed .tried setting it up on a different device this time on a iPhone and it updated to OS 3.0 no problem ,so now I have a spare just in case .👍🏻

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer

Same problem here. I had issues during an update and now screen flashing stuck in loop...

Best Answer

I have the same issue with all of the same failed resolutions. 

Best Answer