Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic Logo Blinking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried to update my fitbit ionic. It stopped connecting to my phone. I reset it to factory settings.

Once that happened, the fitbit logo would not stop blinking on my ionic. And I can not get it to re-connect with my phone. And I can not get it to do anything else than blink.

What do I do?

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

The same issue with flashing logo nothing changes when restarting it. It all happened as I was updating to the latest OS as of today 24 April 2020... Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I received a new one ‘just’ within warranty, hope it works for you! 😎

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It still doesn’t work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

yeah this is bull**ahem**. Out warranty,  watch is updated all of a sudden blinking logo and no this  watch has never been dropped even. So piszed off

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just returned mine and got a replacement. So far so good but lets see what
happens with the next software update... I am giving them one more chance
and then I move on to another brand ...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazingly, I was within 3 days of warranty when I called. New one on the way. Hopefully an update doesn't brick this one as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine won't turn on at all it just blinks the blue fitbit logo

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issues. It was a birthday present from my fiance. I've tried everything and it just doesn't work. I went to the online chat customer service representative and they were less than helpful. I'm past the warranty replacement and I've only had it for 3 months. I'll never buy another Fitbit. It's just a piece of junk. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After trying so many things, I this this might help someone.

I tried a hard reset in my ionic pressing the three buttons. It never woke up after that and only the logo was blinking.

After some attempt and contacting fitbit support, it worked doing the following:

Press the three buttons at the same time for 12 seconds (be so precise and max exactly. Use a timer). After these 12 seconds, keep pressing the left  in the right side (there is only one) and the upper one on the left and release after this 12 seconds the button on the bottom  left side. Continue pressing the other two for additional 8 seconds and release them at the same time after that. 

Keep the watch attached to the power. If it works you will feel a vibration.

Try several times as needs to be so exactly (as mention, use a timer) . For me it didn't work when I was assisted by fitbit but worked at the third attemp. Be patient.

Hope this helps 

Joaquim B (from Sabadell)

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you need to do all that to "fix" a perfectly fine (not dorred, abused,
etc) product that cost as much as Fitbits do, you know all you need to
know. I got a Samsung Gear Watch shortly after I had this issue, and have
never been more happy.

Fitbit lost a good customer (and sounds like others) forever. Best of luck
to you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ionic HR and steps stopped working, followed advice on forum to do a factory reset, this resulted in a warning about, not all data erased, try again, so did that, now just flashing the logo constantly and won’t do anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. For all of you who are new to the Fitbit community, welcome.

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue, sharing the solutions and steps you've tried. I understand that this can be very frustrating, your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. If you're experiencing this issue, please try the following:

1. Restart the device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Confirm that the watch is paired to your Fitbit account.
  3. There are no firmware updates available: How do I update my Fitbit device?

If the issue persists, I recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your device's behavior and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

I am going to close this thread, but if there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to start a new topic.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes