Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic Logo Blinking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried to update my fitbit ionic. It stopped connecting to my phone. I reset it to factory settings.

Once that happened, the fitbit logo would not stop blinking on my ionic. And I can not get it to re-connect with my phone. And I can not get it to do anything else than blink.

What do I do?

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

Fitbit Ionic has been going ‘odd’ for some days now. Time slipping, missing steps, heart rates etc. Then it refused to sync I’ve gone through all Bluetooth off/on rebooting watch, phone etc etc. Frustrated I decided to go to factory reset. The icon has simply blinked on/off ever since, will not react to button or screen activity just blinks. I’ve been at this for tooo long now, who can or will help? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue and cannot even rest or restart the watch. I have held the bottom and left buttons for 5, 10, 15, 20 seconds. It doesn't matter. Wont restart and is stuck flashing the logo on the screen. This all started when it stopped tracking my stats, I did a factory reset and when  went to update and re-pair the device to my phone it got stuck mid update. Now I can't get it to get off this screen

Best Answer

I have had nothing but problems with mine it’s always when they come out with a new update. I’m on my second replacement ionic. When this one dies again I’m done with Fitbit. It’s too bad because I really like mine when it works. Good luck 😀

If your  device is less than one year old and you live in the US it is covered under the warranty. If you live in the UK it’s two years.  Doesn’t seem fair. They must have stronger consumer laws there

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hi McNeff,

I’m awaiting a replacement now.
Hope you get yours sorted!
😎

I’m the same, second replacement, different reasons, but yes they are brilliant, when working!
All the best
John C

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same issue. After my fitbit stopped synchronizing notifications more than a day ago,i did a factory reset and all i get is that logo and not connecting to my phone app. I tried to remove and re-add the device from my account  and now it is stuck with the logo flashing on and off. I have tried the restart with the back + bottom button and nothing changes. I have also tried the factory reset with the 3 buttons, release bottom right and wait until it buzzes, but I still get the same flashing logo. I don't know what else to do Smiley Sad I did every thing from the forum help but nothing works. 

It is also fully charged so I can't wait for it to run down because that will take best part of a week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to order another one under warranty. Contact CS and they will help you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,
Yes, done it, came last Monday.
Cheers
😎

Hi,
They have sent a replacement under warranty!
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I do a factory reset? I tried pushing all the buttons. 

Ionic watch logo keeps blinking

my phone cannot link with my watch. 

Yes I have tried the following;

cable connection

battery charged

bluetooth disconnect

Any assistance is appreciated,

thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
I was in your ‘annoying’ position but was fortunate enough to still be in warranty. 😎

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the factory reset when my watch was still alive and when I had possibility to reach the menu setting. 

At the point of the blinking logo I tried most of the suggestions from the customer service but to no solution. 

I would advice you to contact the CS and they will help you adequately 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was on warranty and this saved my **ahem** with a good replacement option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you have done all that

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
If you have done all of that then there is nothing more to do. If you live in the US it is a one year warranty. If you live in the UK it’s two years. I live in the US and had mine for 11 months and it was doing what yours is. I called customer service and they sent me a new one. They only send the ionic not the straps or charging cables. So keep all that. I know it’s frustrating I have been through it. They sent my new one in about a week. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Mine did the same thing yours is doing. There’s nothing more you can do.  If you live in the US there is a one year warranty. In the UK it’s two years.  I live in the US and had mine for 11 months. I called customer support and they sent me a new one.  They only send the ionic not the straps or charging cable so keep them.  It took about a week for my new one to come. I know it’s frustrating been through it. Good luck. 

Best Answer

This happened to me and after all the resetting, turning my phones bluetooth on/off, and trying to sync it to my phone again for several days, I was told that there's nothing they can do and that I was past my warranty. But they were super kind enough to offer me 25% off a new purchase. 

If you think this is a great deal, for a tracker that was never damaged or abused, Fitbit is going to be taking a lot of your money. Not me though. At least not anymore. I'm done. I've had to replace too many of these devices over the past few years. It's one thing if a company stands behind its products when they fail. Unfortunately Fitbit doesn't, which was disappointing to me given how loyal I had been to them. I'll never purchase another product from them.

Best Answer

I hear you...I was offered 50% off a new one or a free one with remainder of warranty so I took the free one. I still prefer wearing it for lifting weights over my Apple Watch though.

Best Answer

Glad your happy!! I do like the Ionic, but, this is the third I’ve had in less than 12 months. 🤪

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately you'll probably need a new one...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I sent it back to them in October and still haven’t heard anything back. 😠

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch wont even connect to bluetooth , 

Best Answer
0 Votes