Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic Logo Blinking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried to update my fitbit ionic. It stopped connecting to my phone. I reset it to factory settings.

Once that happened, the fitbit logo would not stop blinking on my ionic. And I can not get it to re-connect with my phone. And I can not get it to do anything else than blink.

What do I do?

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73
That is so frustrating! Otherwise perfectly good watch was working fine
until I tried to update it...Still under warranty so Fitbit will replace
but I hate to just throw the watch out.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marktf don't throw it out read my post 

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer
0 Votes

I ran into this issue too. My Ionic is out of warranty by a few months, but this is clearly a firmware bug that bricked it and not damaged due to wear and tear. Does Fitbit replace even when out of warranty?

Best Answer

That is a very good question and I would hope that they would considering what a regular occurrence this is during firmware updates. We have had this happen to 2 of our watches now but luckily both were still under warranty and were easily replaced. I would just like to add that FitBit support very cleverly never admitted openly it was a firmware update that bricked them and just quietly replaced them so I am thinking we may be out of luck if the device is out of warranty.

Hoping someone else on this forum has had a positive experience in this type of case though?

Best Answer

Same issue. My 5-month old Fitbit Ionic stopped syncing. I pressed keys to reboot. It now just flashes the Fitbit logo (it's been 30 min so far). I've posted to Twitter and emailed as well. No phone support that I can find. Hoping SOMEONE from Fitbit replies re my $300 paperweight! This short video shows the issue: https://youtu.be/w5zjhU0Pknk

Best Answer

So CS offered a 40% off coupon to buy Ionic or 25% for some other models. I previously had the Charge HR and first Aria scale and those malfunctioned too. After 3mm steps, I think I’m ready to move onto a more reliable brand.

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me after 11 months. If it’s under a year old they will send you a new one as they did for me. There is no fix.  Call customer support immediately. 

Best Answer

After hours of off and on Twitter chat w/ support and emails, I finally found the the US Fitbit Support number: +1 (877) 623-4997 ...first person I spoke to got me going on what looked like it would work (Fitbit actually started updating!) ...but then after 15-30 minutes the Ionic screen went completely black, nothing would get a response from it, and the phone app displayed an error that the update failed. I called again and they are sending me a replacement. The bummer about it this:
"Your order should arrive within 5 to 7 business days* from the date of shipment. Note that business days excludes weekends."
So I guess it could be the end of next week before I receive the replacement for my brick. Oh well.

Best Answer

Mine came in a few days. At least you are getting a new one. Let’s hope it works well for a long time for you.

Call customer support if it’s under a year old you will get a new one if not they  will offer you a discount on a new one.  There is no fix and no place to send it call customer support.   

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
Yes...I took the offer of replacement vs 50% off a new one...but before I
attempted the update there was nothing wrong with the watch...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you figure out how to fix it? My Fitbit dies and wouldn't charge and they sent me  new one. Then the same Happened to the second one, and then the third now has this blinking problem 🙄🙄🙄

Best Answer

I was unable to fix the problem. Fitbit sent me a new one under
warranty...so far so good.

Yep...same here...what a joke!...I even went swimming with the **ahem** thing
in the Philippines Pacific ocean salt water and everything no problems
...go to update it takes a dive...There has to be a bug in the software
somewhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. They everyone knows it was the update that crashed so many Fitbit’s. I feel sorry for the people who just missed the warranty period.  If you live in the UK it’s 2 years for the warranty. But for the good old USA it’s only one year warranty. I guess they have better laws in the UK to protect consumers.   

Best Answer

WOW! 3 times! Fitbit sent me a replacement for my original Ionic, and it's been perfect. AND, I am remembering that if there's another update, I should switch to one of the Fitbit stock watchfaces before updating if possible, or if there's an issue afterwards, try switching watchfaces - since several have stated that this does help. But once it gets to the blinking thing, it seems to mean game over 😞

Best Answer

Just DONT do the update. That’s what I’m going to do seeing as that’s what crashed my first one that was working fine. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it , right? They can keep their updates.

I plan on NOT doing another update should they offer one.  That was my mistake.   Mine was working perfectly until I installed the update. Then blinking.    I will not update again. Fool me once.  If it ain’t broke don’t fix it right?  Don’t trust their updates is the takeaway

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
I ended up contacting them. They sent me a whole new Fitbit. Fitbit has
always been very good. I have purchased for myself and each of my kids. I
have received great assistance. Contact them and explain. It not working
due to a update should he a fix on their end.
Best Answer

Mine was replaced under warranty and connected first pop. Have not had an issue since. I love it. There was a little unnecessary back and forth due to the troubleshooting they had me repeat but worth it in the end.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They did replace my ionic Fitbit. It is working well that is not the issue.  It was the update that crashed mine and many others. I’m just saying I will not trust another update again.  I will keep this one until the end of it’s life and probably not purchase another one.

If you live in the United States the warranty is one year. If you live in the United Kingdom the warranty is two years.  Perhaps that have better laws in the UK to protect consumers.  

Best Answer

How do you guys, I did the fit bit iconic firmware update and my watch stopped working about a week after. I attempted a factor reset multiple times was unable to have any success. I like to watch sit for 2 weeks completely drain down. Today March 21st, I plugged it in and started letting it charge and got the flashing fit bit iconic sign. I let it charge for about 30 minutes and then I started to do the manual restart pressing the back button and the left bottom key no luck. I kept repeating this process for about 15 minutes, I would hold down the back and bottom key for upwards of 30 to 40 seconds at a time period after about 20 or so tries I had no luck. I then went into the app and unpaired it with my android, held down all 3 buttons to get to a factory reset, and all of a sudden my watch started working. By working I simply mean I can see the watch face it is still charging at this time period I recommend to anyone who's having the same problem attempt my steps and keep forcing your watch to restart reset unparried. I had no expectations that it was gonna work but it did. I am now looking at my watch it says 34% charged I see the time 18:31 hours And now I'm back to the blue logo flashing again I'm gonna repeat my steps and see if I can fix it again.

ATM I'm having the same issue with my watch however tonight March 21st I found out they'd somehow after letting the watch completely charge out with  With no power. I then spent 45 minutes switching different ways to press the buttons trying of course the recommended ways to manually reset it and to factory reset it. To my surprise the watch turned on and I saw the charging symbol and then I saw my clock face. However after about 5 minutes it started flashing again. This appears to be a firmware issue with iconic it needs to be addressed by their software development team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem is not solved. There are numerous conflicting responses, and numerous reports of no recommendation solving the problem. 

Best Answer