Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had a blaze for a long time. I do the same aerobic classes 5 times a week and although it showed my heart rate peaking quite high it is nothing compared to my ionic. I am not doing anything different but it is peaking very very high so much so it’s spoiling my classes as it’s worrying me

Best Answer
0 Votes
37 REPLIES 37

My ionic is showing my hr in the 180s at times during runs. Freaks me out. Never peaked higher than 160 with my surge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IONIC's heart rate detection is broken as designed per user experience. The advice you get is to ignore and move on. There is no acknowledgement from support that they are working it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you my blaze was around that during aerobics but my ionic is higher it’s worrying but iv been doing this for years so don’t know what to think I do not feel any different 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you guys already tried this simple trick I already wrote in a couple of similar threads?

Here once again. Before exercise just rub your wrist skin with some water. Put on your Ionic tight, no need to put it higher on your wrist. It works for me all the time and I have no more false high peaks during exercise.

I had exactly the same issue with the Surge before and I solved it with this trick.

Let me know if this improves your heart rate readings.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you I will give this a try

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you I will give this a try 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I'm 48 and in very good shape. Using the Surge, my HR would spike to 170-180 at the most then settle around 130-155 during bootcamps and runs. I felt this was reasonable. Now I'm getting spikes up to 210 then settle around 160-180. This is too high to be accurate in my opinion. I went back to the Surge and it gave me the same lower ranges.  I think there is definitely something wrong with HR on the Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you I do high intensity aerobics five nights a week I am very active my blaze never went above 185 but usually spiked at 179. My ionic is going to 213 and I am not doing anything else different it has definitely started to spoil my classes I am going to wear my husbands blaze on the other arm and compair the 2 this cannot be giving the correct hr 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please do t think I do not like my ionic I love it and yes it is a Fitbit the reason for my post is because I am worried about my sudden very high spike hr readings during intense exercise. I just wanted to know if anyone else was getting the same kind of reading as my Fitbit blaze never showed readings that high. I was just a bit worried that everything suddenly had changed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I beg your pardon why are you answering like that it was an honest question to honest people asking if anyone else was having high readings if you think I am being funny you are very wrong and I wish I had never asked I will not ask anyone for advice again 

Best Answer

I beg your pardon I have only asked an honest question to honest people to see if they are having high hr readings if you think I am being funny you are so wrong I just wanted advice however I will not ask anyone again and sorry to bother anyone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Venkats, follow on comments withheld due to being too snarky.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is getting out of hand. Please review the Community Guidelines. Let's play nice. @Cris11, please do not be afraid to post a question. Most of us on these forums are happy to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're definitely not the only one, my blaze never went more that 170... At the moment I am lucky if the Ionic drops below 170 during a jog. A manual hr check as soon as stopping was 140 so I think something is wrong somewhere.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am going to wear both my ionic and my husband blaze to class tomorrow and see the hr readings on both 

Best Answer

I have worn my ionic on one arm and my husbands blaze on the other for 2 cardio classes over the last 2 days. The blaze never peaked above 170 which is the same for mine when I used my blaze. However the ionic peaked at well over 200 on both occasions. I am very active and have done these type of classes for many years. At first I was very worried with the ionic readings but now with using the blaze again I feel a bit better. I presume there maybe a bug or something in the ionic and hope this is soon fixed as I do love it except for this problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cris11, yup, the Ionic has an oft reported bug which causes frequent spike in the recorded heart rate at the beginning of workouts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Cris11. Just out of curiosity, did you try the trick I suggested? It would interest me if it works for you as well. I know this might not be a definitive fix for everyone,  but if it improves your readings, why not give it a try?

Best Answer
0 Votes