Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic keeps pausing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the New Ionic and I also compete in Crossfit, I have noticed when I set it to 'Workout' or 'Weights' it pauses intermittently throughout my training? has anybody else had this issue or is this normal?

Also do I actually need to set it to anything or can I just start training and will it then track my workout?

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Have you got the auto pause feature enabled? In the settings setting of the activity have a look and switch it to off and you should then track your whole activity.

(Temporarily without my Ionic, so any info provided is from memory)

Best Answer
0 Votes

this happens a lot on the touch screens, I may have to return and look at alternative, its a real shame, the charge hr 2 worked well never had no issues !!!

Best Answer

Hi, there doesn't seem to be a setting for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No settings I have tried everything, trying to get in contact with support see if they have any ideas will keep you posted when I get a response 

Best Answer

I think it happens to me cause the back of my hand hits the pause button when i bend my wrist

Best Answer

I wear gloves when cycling and the Ionic is constantly pausing as a result of the lower right button being pressed when it comes into contact with my glove. Very frustrating!

Best Answer

I have the same problem, just purchased the new Ionic, used it for 4 days, 4 different exercises (spin, Weights, Boot camp and body tone)  and every time it has paused, very annoying! I'm considering taking it back.....any advice? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was having the same problem. The back of my hand kept pausing it. So I bought a case for it on Amazon an it solved the problem. The case doesn't look to bad

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6.
Best Answer

The TPU cases that are around do a good job of protecting the side buttons from accidental presses.

I wear a sweat wristband over the tracker, which helps the touchscreen from being accidentally pushed. It has the added benefit of soaking up sweat that can get under the fitbit and mess with the heart rate readings.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great thanks, I’ll have a look and give it s go

Sent on the move
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks veteran runner.
A sweat band will cover the screen and prevent me from checking my stats whilst working out so that’s not an option.
I may have to try the case but at £300 we shouldn’t have to make any further purchases in order to use the device...

Sent on the move
Best Answer
Hi

Managed to get a Nike sweat band which does seem to the trick worth trying 1st

Many Thanks

Mark M
Best Answer
0 Votes

There's also a feature suggestion we can vote for. With enough votes, Fitbit might implement it.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Lock-tracker-while-exercising/idi-p/2167497/jump...

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I voted but I see it’s been there a while and nothings been done to address this issue to date

Sent on the move
Best Answer
0 Votes

I own the Blaze and have same problem, it is the touch screen.  I reported this to FitBit over a year ago and they don't seem to want to fix it.  When you wear long sleeves, gloves or something to may come in contact with the touch screen, if that material is damp from sweat or rain, the touch screen reads it as a touch and the material will pause the work out as you move around.  All FitBit has to do is take the touch pause off the screen so you have to use the buttons and it would be fixed, but they don't want to do that.

Best Answer

I had this same issue on a bike ride yesterday, looking to solve this issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly my issue, looking for a way to fix this issue

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought a plastic cover for my fitbit an it helped.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Im currently looking at them on Amazon. Does yours have the protective screen built into the case or not? So this case solved your problems? Do you remember the brand or seller of the case?

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer