Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic left button not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My left button on my Fitbit Ionic does not work. I have updated and sinc'd to the iPhone and restarted and a full reset. No change. Please help me with this request

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @michelle2330.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. You may be able to remove dust or dirt by gently using a toothpick around the button. If this does not improve the button performance, you can try to clear debris using canned air. Hold the device at arm's length and spray once to loosen any dirt or dust that may have accumulated around the button.

I’ll be around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, I will try this now.
Failing that, what is my next step? I am unable to use my watch as it is
and I rely on my watch for everything.
Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @michelle2330.

I appreciate your efforts. If the issue persists, I will be glad to forward your case to our Support team for further assistance. 

Let me know how it goes.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Liliya,
I have cleaned around the button with a toothpick and compressed air as per
your instructions and the watch is still not working.
Please assist me further

Kind Regards,
Michelle
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for your efforts. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon.  

I'll be around if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having exactly this problem and as a result I can't do much of anything with it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Ssndyloc.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your watch. I understand how you are feeling. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution, please keep an eye on your inbox.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Lilliya,
my issues has not been resolved, please assist me further or have
someone from customer service contact me.
Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry to hear you still haven't heard from our Support team. Due to recent events affecting our operations, our Support team may take longer to contact you. I appreciate your patience and understanding. You can try using chat or phone to continue with this issue. Please check our Support contact options here

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. I’m going to call. Is there a case number?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @Ssndyloc.

I appreciate your efforts to contact our Support team over the phone. You can provide your email address and they will be able to find your case and assist you further. 

I'll be around if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They are quick to replace the watch true, but after you get your replacement there is no support.  Ideally meaning there is not a resolution for the issue.  If you're really bound to the watch buy a new one and burn through it like it's a prepaid phone, when the phone breaks you get a new one that will break eventually.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I’m hoping to get some resolution. My watch has little battery
life now and is unusable
Best Answer
0 Votes
My problem is that they never replaced the watch, and are now just offering
a 35% discount off of a B line watch.

As much as I want another one, I think I have to be done with Fitbit. I
have had four. None of them worked seamlessly--there was always a problem
updating, syncing, etc. I thought getting the top of the line would
help--and the Ionic was when I purchased it--but the promise of a
well-working piece was always elusive. It's time to call it quits on Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have cleaned around the catch with a toothpick and compacted air according to

your directions and the watch is as yet not working.

It would be ideal if you help me further

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread.

@michelle2330 @Roach564 I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback as it helps us to keep improving. Due to recent events affecting our operations, our Support team takes longer to contact you. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

@Ssndyloc Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sure our Support team tried their best to help you, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. I appreciate your understanding and hope to keep you in the Fitbit family.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes