Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic loose in charging cable

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Ionic magnetic charger absolutely is pathetic. It does nor seat well and twice I have so called charged the Ionic overnight and discovered it did not charge at all!!  You have to set it just right or it wont connect. It is rediculous. We should all be given new chargers for free that connect and stay connected. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

Let me share that currently there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches. For more information, please visit our web page at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

In order to have the community better organized, I'll proceed to close this thread. If you want to share ideas, have any inquiries or need help about other concerns please visit the community.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Sorry you’re having problems charging your Ionic, @Deepdale. One thing to make sure is that when you connect the charger, you know it is correctly attached when you feel the vibration and see the battery icon or battery % on the screen. Hope this helps. 

66CD852E-3627-42F6-BC6E-BC3A9EB157E2.png

Best Answer

Same problem here. Don't really like the magnetic device. The Fitbit HR charger makes more sense than the Ionic charger. Shame it can't be used on Ionic.

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @Deepdale and @DonTee! Please follow @SunsetRunner's recommendations to make sure that your Ionic is being properly charged. 

If after taking those steps into consideration your Ionic is still not charging, test the solutions below:

• Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent a charge. Clean the charging contacts using the instructions in How do I clean my tracker?
  • If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your tracker to the charging cable. For illustrations and tips on how to know if the connection is secure.
  • When in doubt, it doesn't hurt to turn your tracker off and back on. For instructions see  How do I restart my tracker?
  • If the tracker is wet, thoroughly dry your tracker before charging it.

Give this a go and let us know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I'm continueing to remove the metalic  particles from my charging cable.

Fitbit only added the magnetic connection for the charger at the very popular request from the Fitbit users to have a a magnet attachment.

It doesn't seem to be as popular as what the user's thought it would be

Best Answer

I have the same problem and am now on my third charger lead, it is rediculous, I now wish i'd gone for the Garmin instead.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is the salt from sweat corrodes the contacts

Best Answer
0 Votes

These contacts are medical grade Stainless Steel conforming to the EU Standards. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been through 2 chargers now.  Mine fails with one of the charging pins.  It recedes into the charger, won't connect to the device and won't charge.  I have done all of the troubleshooting things on it as well.  The last charge I tried was fine, and now the pin has dropped down. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you aware that the ionic has been recalled? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I already received the replacement for the Ionic with the new charger.  The first Ionic charger failed, and now this one.  It is the same prong every time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I place the unit onto the charger, I hold them at an angle, then slowly bring the together. I don't think the snapping together is good for the health of the prongs. 

I don't know if anyone has tried the cheaper alternatives on Amazon. (usually 1/4 the price)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Let me share that currently there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches. For more information, please visit our web page at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

In order to have the community better organized, I'll proceed to close this thread. If you want to share ideas, have any inquiries or need help about other concerns please visit the community.

Best Answer
0 Votes