Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic losing time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Twice in the last few days my Ionic lost time.  Yesterday it was about 1/2 hour behind.  Battery at about 70%.  I resynced it about 8:00AM today.  Today about 5:00 PM the Ionic time was again about 1/2 hour behind.  Battery at 93%.

Any solutions or others with this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Have you tried restarting your Ionic? Do it several times and let us know how you go 

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Just restarted the Ionic.  It is now already 3 minutes behind.  I will again sync it and see what happens.

Best Answer

I have been unable to sync the Ionic since Sept 6.

I couple of days ago I logged the rate of time loss.

The Ionic loses little or no time when I am NOT wearing it.  Lots of time when I am wearing it.  GPS off.

The comparison is to a Timex Ironman watch that is within a few seconds per month.

Fitbit Ionic time (charge greater then 70%):

13:56    5 minutes behind

14:21   10 minutes behind

14:26   12 minutes behind

17:48   39 minutes behind

18:14   47 minutes behind

18:51   51 minutes behind

That is a rate of losing about 9 minutes per hour.

This Ionic has become virtually useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic is now losing time as well and I am having issues syncing. Did you find anything that worked to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I phoned customer support & got through to help very quickly.

The staff member was unable to solve the problem.  She even had me do the factory reset.  The Ionic would not reset.  The factory reset was started about 2 hours ago and still has not completed.

Fitbit said that they will replace the Ionic.

Good luck solving the problems with your Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been having the same problem. 

Been getting support thought email and last thing they asked me to do was factory reset - didn’t help!

Seems like it might be a software problem if a number of people are having the same problem around the same time. Too coincidental to be a hardware problem???

Only had my Ionic for 8 months and been great until now - although seems useless if it can’t even keep the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the problem resolved through calling the Fitbit customer support.

My Ionic was also about 8 months old when it started failing.  The initial setup was difficult and syncs were always difficult.

My Ionic failure to complete factory reset was the trigger that made customer support choose to replace the Ionic.  The replacement came 1 week after my call to customer support.  I kept the failed Ionic plugged into the charge cord during my replacement waiting period.  The old Ionic never completed the factory reset during that 1 week period.

My replacement Ionic initial set up and every sync attempt were much faster then my original Ionic was.  This makes me wonder if my original Ionic had issues right from the start.

I suggest that you phone customer support if your problem has not been resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now my warranty replacement Ionic seems to have died.

The first Ionic lasted about 8 months, the warranty replacement about 9 months.

This time the problem started with the logo flashing on the display.  Attempts at restarting the Ionic did nothing.  I then did the factory reset.  The Ionic shut down, but now I can not get it to do anything.  It does not even show anything on the display when I connect it to the charge cable.

I still have the original failed Ionic and just connected it to the charge cable for the first time in 9 months, the display showed 0%.  The screen on the original will now show the setup info.  Go figure!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday my Ionic stopped telling the correct time, the display appeared to freeze at whatever the time was when I last manually synced.  It was not simply some number of hours out as it would be if it was time zone related.

For troubleshooting I tried setting an alarm a minute or two ahead of the current correct time, and when that went off that confirmed that the ionic itself was keeping time, but that the display was not updating.

Simple fix for me was to install a new clockface via the iphone ap.  I havent tried to return it to the face I was using before, but I like the new one better anyway.

So if your Ionic is showing the wrong time, my advice is to first check if an alarm will trigger at the correct time, and if it does then try installing a new clockface. 

For me the error seemed to be that the watchface "app" I was using had crashed, but as ever "YMMV".  Good Luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Ionic that started losing time was replaced, now it is the replacement that failed.

The replacement has a charged battery & I am now unable to get it to show any sign of life.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My nightmare

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it won't restart

Update:

Mine is not working also. Same problem, but husbands watch bought at same time is fine

Will not download new clockface

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would suggest you speak to fitbit. In my case, they ended up replacing
the ionic for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your help
Best Answer
0 Votes