Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic losing time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My FitBit keeps losing time can be up to 30 minutes a day will only came right when I recharge it is not very reliable what can be done about this 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Very Frustrating isn't it.  I just noticed in the last couple of days this has started to happen.  I like the watch but it doesn't want to synch to my IPad or laptop. Imagine we are not alone with this problem.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Karin-Higham @Eagle1623.

Thanks for the details shared in your posts. I understand how you are feeling about this situation and appreciate your efforts. Time on the watch should be corrected when you sync it. If you're experiencing difficulties with syncing, please try our complete troubleshooting instructions in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? If the issue still persists after syncing, please verify if you have turned on "Set automatically" for date and time on your phone: open your phone's settings > tap General > tap Date & Time > and then toggle "Set Automatically" on.

Hope this helps!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, turns out I was able to get my FitBit
Ionic Adidas to sync with my phone much
easier than my IPad so that is great and the
watch is now showing the correct time.

I was able to sync my watch the other day and
the correct time was updated but then within
12 hours it was 30 minutes behind again.
Hope that doesn't happen again. Got my
fingers crossed.

Cheers, Rick

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @Eagle1623.

I am glad to hear you're back on track. Thank you for sharing the details, I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience and working on your goals. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, just wanted to tell you that the FitBit has not been able to keep the correct time again.  I has lost 45 minutes of the past 12 hours.  I think this is a software issue as the battery to fully charged.  Very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again. The FitBit Ionic is still losing
time at the rate of about 45 minutes every 12
hours.

Hope there is something you can do. Cheers,
Rick

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the update, @Eagle1623.

I am sorry to hear you continue experiencing difficulties with your watch. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your efforts and the additional details. If you're using several devices for syncing, the watch is trying to connect to both and the Bluetooth connection can be interfered. Check if having another device not nearby or turning off Bluetooth on it helps. I also recommend checking if you have turned on "Set automatically" for date and time on your device which you use to sync your watch: open your phone's settings > tap General > tap Date & Time > and then toggle "Set Automatically" on.

Hope this gets you back on track. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried everything you suggested and the watch does not want to synch and is still losing time. It reset the time when I charged the watch this morning but started to lose time immediately. I went for a 9500 step walk this afternoon but watch isn’t communicating with either the android phone or my IPad. I will top up the battery again and see what happens and let you know. If this doesn’t work I will start shopping for an Apple 6 watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response, @Eagle1623.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your device's behavior and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes