Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not Syncing with iPhone 7 Plus

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All,

I can't sync my ionic with iPhone 7P. It's not a new issue, it was with me from the beginning. Believe me, I couldn't remember how many times I reset my ionic and phone. It changes It's connection status between looking, syncing and connected. I found a quicwin: If you triger audio device bluetooth setting from ionic when you on the ionic page from app, I can sync my data. But as you can see, it's very manuel process and it doesn't work all the time. I already update my ionic to OS 2.0.

This issue is probably related to the sleep data or bluetooth connection module.

Plus: When I tried to add a new app or clockface I have "Unable to connect to ionic" error message. It's nearby and powered on.

This is very annoying. Somebody please help!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

@omertokuswrote:

Hi All,

I can't sync my ionic with iPhone 7P. It's not a new issue, it was with me from the beginning. Believe me, I couldn't remember how many times I reset my ionic and phone. It changes It's connection status between looking, syncing and connected. I found a quicwin: If you triger audio device bluetooth setting from ionic when you on the ionic page from app, I can sync my data. But as you can see, it's very manuel process and it doesn't work all the time. I already update my ionic to OS 2.0.

This issue is probably related to the sleep data or bluetooth connection module.

PLUS: When I tried to add a new app or clockface I have "Unable to connect to ionic" error message. It's nearby and powered on.

This is very annoying. Somebody please help!!!

Have you tried a factory reset or did you do a Manual reset? I would talk to Fitbit’s support team if I had this problem....

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer
0 Votes

@omertokus It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thanks for updating Ionic to its latest firmware version. Also, thanks for trying those troubleshooting steps to resolve this situation with syncing and sharing the workarounds that has helped you out. 

By iPhone 7P you mean iPhone 7 Plus? 

iPhone 7 Plus is listed as a supported device. Please make sure you are using iOS 10 or newer. There are also some other steps you can try in order to sync. Please check this helpful article for more details.

Please try the steps in the order given there. If you already did some of the steps listed there, please try them again.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SantiR

Yes I mean iPhone 7 Plus and runs on 11.2.6

Thank you for your and rest of the support team advice but as a technical person believe me I tried all step. By the way, it's not my first time experience with Fitbit products. I used before Surge and Blaze (even pebble 1 and 2) You can check from back-end system.

Please check below video links. I recorded what I have:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11a5rcy208mg7SZ5nm92r9Jsef6vECfZS/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J45LmJeGYLwcXGNKp4P5JudmCFPut9Jf/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NZMxHrw2Axmyy6fMN65W7gv2jtcyuwhE/view?usp=sharing

Best Answer

Yes @supersmart01234 I tried factory and manual reset before (maybe 10 times min) but I couldn't get any result. Probably my ionic has a problem about its bluetooth part.

Best Answer

I have had the same exact issues with my 7plus.  Upgrading from my Blaze to the Ionic has been the biggest mistake.  I am ready to package it back up and return it to the store I got it from.  It very rarely syncs.  I have done all the suggested fixes, and I am just tired of it.  I should not have to go through resetting, turning off/on., etc etc etc when I want to sync my Ionic!  How about just get a permanent fix for the syncing issues since it seems loads of people are having the same issues?  

Best Answer

Hi @snoopy77, I totally agree with you about "Upgrading from my Blaze to the Ionic has been the biggest mistake." part. I had Blaze too. After Fitbit launch Ionic I sold my Blaze. It was biggest mistake that sold a stabil device.

I have a theory: After Fitbit bought Pebble, Fitbit tech team tried to use Pebble's upgraded OS on the Ionic. Because it was the newest Fitbit device after bought Pebble and some of devices born with hardware issues. Probability we are victims of this project. (I also used Peeble before)

I'm really sad. I tried to communicate Fitbit support team, via email, social media and community forum many times but nothing has changed 😞

Hi @SantiR, can have your respond?

Best Answer

Hey all,

Omertokus saw my own post on my own ongoing issues with Ionic not syncing and he asked me to take a look at his post on the same issue to compare notes, so here I am.

For starters, alas Omertokus, your quicwin of getting it to sync by triggering the audio device Bluetooth setting is not working for me.

My story is maybe a little different from yours, but unfortunately in the end, all too similar.   I have been a Fitbit user for a few years.  I had the One (a clip-on), followed by the Surge (of the infamous faulty strap), followed by the Charge2 (which was a fine little device, very reliable once I had the first one replaced within a week of receiving it), and the this bloody Ionic, the worst of the bunch, by far.

When I got the Ionic a couple months ago, I was a Windows Phone user.  My phone was one the supported device list, and it was on the latest OS, also supported.  It synced OK for the first couple days, then stopped.  After working with support and trying a variety of things (off/on, unpair/pair, factory reset, forget the device, make sure no other Bluetooth device is in the picture, yada yada) we got it to at least pair with my Windows laptop.   For a day. Until it stopped again.  

I went another few days messing with it, and also talked to support again.  Support's "solution" for me was that I should try to find an Android device to try it with, in an attempt I suppose to show that my Windows Phone was the culprit.  When I explained that it is failing with both my Windows Phone and Windows laptop, and that there were plenty of iPhone an Android users with the same freakin' sync problem, why would I waste my time seeking out some friend's Android phone to experiment with when (a) they are also having problems, and (b) I need it to work with MY PHONE, he agreed and stopped pressing the issue, and basically said he didn't know what else to try, and that "development are aware of the issue and are working on it".

Then I saw there was a new firmware out, so I talked to support to see whether they could expedite my receiving it, rather than just wait until my turn came up.   No, they said, there's nothing they can do to make that happen.  I just had to wait.

When I eventually was given notice several days later that it was available to me, I installed it.  Or rather, I did a factory reset and then installed it, because I couldn't even get the install to work without doing a reset.  And voila!  My Ionic started syncing  For a day or two.  And then it quit.

I eventually switched from Windows Phone to a new Android phone (Galaxy S8+), not because of the Ionic problems, but just because the writing was obviously on the wall for Windows Phone.   But lucky me, a side benefit was that my Ionic started syncing with the Android phone.  For a couple weeks.  Until it stopped.

After a few days of no sync (and jumping through the usual hoops in an attempt to get it to work), I saw there was another new firmware download available.   I did a factory reset of the Ionic and install of the new firmware, and it started syncing!  For a day.  And then it quit.  Again

So.... here I am..   In thinking about it, I had also downloaded a new clockface and also tried to download Pandora channels (which failed, and don't get me started on what a joke of an experience THAT is) at the time the syncs stopped working.  Therefore, I'm going to do another factory reset, load the latest firmware, and just LEAVE IT ALONE to see whether it will at least work in its default state.

I will report back here with the results.

Best Answer

@omertokus Thanks for your reply and for sharing all of that information and videos! 

I contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox!

@snoopy77 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for trying all of the troubleshooting steps provided. It's unfortunate to hear that you continue to experience this.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support for you. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps. 

@SteveCoatney I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your experience here. 

When was the last time you contacted customer support regarding this situation you are experiencing with Ionic? 

Please let me know if it works. If it keeps giving you trouble I can help you getting in touch with customer support!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR

Thanks, but I really don't need help getting in touch with customer support.  I understand all too well how to get in touch with them, given the variety of issues I've had with my various Fitbits over the past few years, and particularly the horrible syncing issues I've had with the Ionic.   I have spoken to customer support multiple times about the Ionic syncing issues over the past two months, and the best they've managed to do is to have me do a factory reset, which gets it working again for a short spell, until it stops working.  And, their go-to response always seems to be "can you try it with a different phone/computer", when of course they know fully well that many, many people are having this syncing issue on all varieties of phones, computers, and OS's.

Please ... if you want to help, do something to convince the powers that be at Fitbit to fix the problem.  I truly feel bad for support, since they're the customer-facing arm of Fitbit and are simply caught in the middle.  It's management and development who need to get their acts together instead of letting this syncing debacle continue for so long.   Thanks.

Best Answer

I have had the same issues and they drive me INSANE! I did not buy my Ionic, it was a gift. I like the social side of fitbit, though I am unsure if the product shines as much as they advertise.  There are days that I cannot connect and then my activity looks like I have done nothing.  I have even lost a few days of activity!

Best Answer

@SteveCoatney Thanks for your reply and for trying all the steps customer support was able to provide. 

Thanks for your feedback, I will pass it along to out team. 

@TraceyS123 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the syncing issues you are experiencing.

I'd recommend trying these syncing troubleshooting steps found on this helpful article. This should certainly help you out with that too.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR   By the way, I did another (umpteenth) factory reset this morning.  It synced the first couple of times I tried, but since around 11:30am, not one attempt at syncing has worked.  Not one.  Zip.  Nada.  Zilch.

Those of us with this persistent syncing problem appear to be royally screwed, until Fitbit gets their act together and fixes the problem.  Please do.  Otherwise, all this "try this, try that, keep us posted" is just a bunch of horsecr**.  If I sound pissed, that's because I am.   I have been a loyal Fitbit customer for several years now.  My loyalty has been met with apparent indifference by Fitbit.  It's a shame ... your product shows so much promise.  Too bad the company itself apparently does not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SteveCoatney Thanks for your reply and for trying all of those steps to resolve this.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

Thank you. See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fixed it! Don’t waste your time with any of this BS. Connect your Fitbit to the charging cable, do a hard restart on your Fitbit, turn your BT off and back on then voila, your connected!

Best Answer
0 Votes