Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic that was on 64% battery life, died completely. When pressing the left button, screen popped up with 0% battery. So i put it on charge and left it for 2 hours. When i got back to my watch it was still on 0%. Checked on all the forums for help, did the reset. It then switched on with 6% battery life. So i opened app on my phone to sync and check if it will start charging. On one of the forums it suggested to clear the data and restore to factory settings. Did that and then watch died again. Still not charging. I havent had any problem with my Ionic since this week. Few days ago it wouldn't change screen away from wallet syncing notification. I don’t even use the wallet on my watch. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Still not charging

Try different chargers, even connected to another device like a laptop/PC. Do the 3 button start sequence whilst connected to a charger.

I guess you have read/are familiar with the sequence - hold all 3 buttons until the logo appears, then quickly  release only the bottom right button. After the Ionic vibrates release the other two buttons.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there

I have tried all of the above and nothing works
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's sad!

Keep trying to charge it and use the 3 button reset/restart sequence. These so called dead devices have been known to suddenly come to life for no rhyme or reason. Days and even weeks later. Go figure!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah i will keep trying. Just so frustrating as it worked perfectly and
then boom dead device for no reason either...

Thank you
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

Thank you for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. I see where your frustration is coming from. 

Since you have tried the recommended troubleshooting. If you'd like I could create a case with our Support team, this way they could check your options based in the Fitbit Warranty

@PaulMe Thank you for your input. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Misery loves company?  Same thing has just happened to me.  Battery power at 45%, and I planned a 3-mile run tomorrow, so I charged it.  Seems to have died on the charger (plugged into my computer).  Was working perfectly until this evening.  

Best Answer

This just happened to me the other day.  I even ordered a new charging cable to see if that was the problem.  I feel like Ive tried everything people have suggested.  Very frustrating!

Best Answer

This is a real bummer.  It was working great until last night.  Weird that these things can go from apparently top notch to dead in the span of 1 charge.  I got almost 3 years out of it, so way out of warranty.  But I was hoping it could hang on another year or so at least.

Best Answer
Hi there

Thanks that would be great.
Best Answer

Jinx, if you get any tips that work, please share them!  I can't wake my Ionic up.  I think it is dead....

Best Answer

@Ericws @Crewgeek Hi there. Thank you for letting me know that you're experiencing this with your Ionic. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. In this case, I'd like you to confirm you've tried the troubleshooting posted in this article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

@SunsetRunner Thank you for getting back. I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sylvia,

Yes, I can confirm that I have tried the troubleshooting posted in that article.  No response from the Ionic- it appears to have died.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Must be an epidemic... mine reported low battery while I was at work.  After getting home that night, I put it on my charger and it reported 15% battery.  When I took it off of the charger in the morning, it wouldn't start.  Tried a different charger and let it connected all day while I was at work, still no joy.  I've done the 3-button salute many times... still nothing.  I've had this almost exactly 2 years... if that's the lifespan of a Fitbit, I don't imagine I'll be getting another one.

Best Answer

I am also the sad and disappointed owner of a dead Ionic.  Mine simply stopped synchronising a few days ago...  The advice was to disconnect it and set it up again..  my app did not recognize it anymore.  Then, the next advice was to restore to factory settings.  Even if it was charged to 100% when I did that, the watch died straight after I restored it to factory settings and I was not able to start it again.   It is four months or so beyond warranty, so no hope of getting a replacement! What a disappointment, for such an expensive device....   Really frustrating!

If any of you is able to find a solution, please keep me posted.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ericws, @SunsetRunner, @Crewgeek@KToomey - same here.  Dead Ionic, don't know what to do with it 😞  Any tips can help.

Unfortunately, so many people are having similar issues with their Fitbit Ionic! I have just searched on YouTube for any possible tips.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Epidemic is right- curious that we are all having the same problem in the same week or so!  Hmmm.  Or maybe this was happening all along and I am just paying attention now.

I keep trying the "3-button salute" (I like that!) but nothing.  I tried all of those tips from Sylvia's article.  Like you, out of warranty.  I can't see buying another Fitbit product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing on the troubleshooting worked.  I fear it is totally dead.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had mine since 2017 so out of its warranty and only getting problems
now?

Just doesn't make sense for it to just die.

Still haven't gotten it to work. And Fitbit support can't help and just say
does not meet warranty requirements.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My guess is that they put out an update that "bricked" a whole bunch of devices... we just happened to be the only 6 or so that found our way to this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes