Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not counting steps or my BPM

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m not good on the technical stuff, but a reply to emails from Fitbit Uk would be good! Two weeks now my ionic has been down, I’ve done everything I can, but nothing. I can see there is an issue, 

but it’s taking too long. It’s great when it works, but I’ve had several issues, it’s really not good enough when you’ve paid all that money. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @DKAV! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with your Fitbit Ionic. 

Keep in mind that it's possible to get different readings if the trackers are worn in different locations (dominant vs non-dominant wrist). I'd recommend reviewing the accuracy information provided in this post

Once you've reviewed it, please try this step accuracy test:

1. Put your wrist-based tracker on your wrist or put your clip-on tracker on your hip or torso.
2. Walk 100 steps, making sure to count a step each time one of your feet hits the ground.
3. Pause, then check your tracker to see your step count.

In regards to your heart rate, I'd recommend checking the article: What should I know about my heart rate data?

While reading your post, I was wondering what you meant by "a reply to emails from Fitbit Uk would be good!"? Are you trying to contact us from UK? It seems that you've been in touch with our Customer Support Team. Please keep an eye on your inbox. Smiley Wink

Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep UK. I have monitored everything, steps, all you have mentioned , from advice given from fellow Fitbit users, but it’s still not tracking my steps. I am very active, this is really dragging on. Do you think it needs replacing? Really fed now.
I can’t even compete with family and friends, which the Fitbit was designed for, healthy living and competitive fun.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Donna kavanagh

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

In order to determinate that, I'd appreciate if you can reply to the last email that our team has sent to you. They're looking forward to hearing from you. Robot Very Happy

I appreciate the time you've taken to post here about your issue @DKAV. My best recommendation is to be in touch with them directly as they have all the tools to investigate this deeply. 

In case you have any inconvenience, let me know.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the step test, 0 steps showed, 444 cals, monitored. Went into account, for wrist settings, dominant and non-dominant all currect. Hight, weight, all correct. Anything else, I could try? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can see this issue is affecting lots of people. I really don’t want to wait anymore and given the time wasted trying to resolve the issues, feel a refund should be made, I will return the device, and move onto another make. Can you advise who I need to contact for return of faulty ionic and refund? Thanks for your assistance. Kind regards. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @DKAV! I've seen that you're speaking with our Support Team via email in regards to this inquiry. Please check your inbox as today you were sent new information from our team. 

If there's anything else I can do for you let me know! 

Best Answer
0 Votes