Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not reading while doing cardio

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I start doing the elliptical my heart rate is fine, but when I get into cardio range, about 15-20min in, my ionic starts going down in hr when I know my hr is atleast 140-150. I switch it off and restart EVERY TIME, and I even go to another app just to reset the hr. The band is higher on my wrist as well. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have found that sweat often messes with the heart rate tracker (which is ridiculous for a $300 activity tracker).  When I notice the heart rate starting to veer away from what it should be I just wipe off my wrist and that usually fixes it.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I have found that sweat often messes with the heart rate tracker (which is ridiculous for a $300 activity tracker).  When I notice the heart rate starting to veer away from what it should be I just wipe off my wrist and that usually fixes it.

Best Answer

I agree with @tmizel10 that sweat will affect the ability of the tracker to monitor the heart rate. I sweat very heavily and frequently have to wipe the sweat from my wrist and hands.  But, when I am working out on the elliptical I wear the Polar chest strap and find that the reading is in very close agreement with the Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I completely agree, it costs way too much for it not to do what I bought it for.  If it keeps doing this I am going to call and switch to something else. Thanks for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've learned I have to put ionic in "workout" mode in order for it to continuously read my HR correctly during cardio. I have done it a few days now and it seems to work better that way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I, personally, haven't had any issues with sweat affecting my Ionic.  I live in south Florida and went running this weekend outside when it was 90 degrees, I was dripping sweat and my heart rate was measuring correctly.  I shower with my Ionic and it gets soaked and still reads my heart rate accurately.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes