Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not responding

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone: I am looking for some help.  My wife was given a Fitbit Ionic for Xmas 2016...since then she had have had 3 replacement pebble from them until finally they refunded her money..
My wife  also purchased a Fitbit Ionic for my for me  Xmas 2016 and it is totally dead now, so I can't even do anything with it.  (can't factory reset, reboot or anything)

I contacted Fitbit and asked for a refund as I am not prepared to go through 2-3 replacement pebbles that she had to do before they finally admit  that the Ionic has problems and in their words gave her a one in a exception to a refund...LOL... 

My wife now has had a Versa now with no problems and purchased one for me as with some of my health issues as I need to track my daily exercise.

They claim if you bought your Fitbit from Bestybuy, Indigo or other reputable stores there is no warranty as you did not buy from them..

My question to you is..how has Fitbit dealt with you...did you get a refund or do they just keep giving you a replacement pebble.  

Looking for some help....we are Seniors and as of now we have spent approx. 1500$ for Fitbit gear and only recieved $400 back for the non functioning Ionic...

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

The ionics only last six months typically consider yourself lucky.

Best Answer

That certainly seems to be the case.  But I still believe we should get our money back or at least a portion of it..This is poor customer service.

Best Answer

My fitbit ionic died this morning nothing working I payed over 250.00 for this 1 year and a month  ago called them and they wanted to give me a coupon for 25 present off another one  no way not after spending that much for a fitbit ionic not worth the money im retired and can not spend that kind of money with a company that there stuff quits or breaks and wants you to spend more for another one 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same response that we got.  We paid 395$ for the Ionic...what a joke..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@louie60 where are you from? The price you mentioned looks more like in EUR or GBP rather than USD ( USD price usually is higher ). If you are anywhere from within EU then you have 2 years of warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am from Canada...

And if you don't buy your Fitbit from them and purchase it from a store you have apparently haveno warranty..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pattirose@johneric8 and @SunsetRunner. Welcome to the Forums @louie60.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and experience on the matter.

If you have any questions regarding the warranty, or about returning your Fitbit, please feel free to read our Warranty Policy. It should definitely clear things up. 

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit is make a lot of money off people for something that doesn’t work or last
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am well aware of your warranty and extremely disappointed with the solutions that Fitbit offers.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased and Received Feb 2nd thru Amazon.   Worked fine for first 2 days.   In the middle of my morning workout it froze up.  Steps would not change and heart rate stuck.  Crazy.  Removed device.  Reinstalled did a reset 3 times.  Finally got it to work and said it needed an update.    Is this common?   From what I am reading it is. Does this freeze

up happen when there is a firmware update ?  I had an HR for years with no issues.  I’d this happens again I will not recommend a Fitbit smartwatch to anyone.   2 days and major issue.  Sad.  

Best Answer
0 Votes