Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not syncing properly with iOS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Okay so I have a Iconic and iPhone 7plus both work  great together until I go one to manny days without syncing them. 

Then my phone keep looking and looking and trying to sync (and never achieves syncing). 

So I have to completely reset my Iconic! 

And to the entire setup again (including entering the  4 digit code and waiting for the massive software update that takes like 30 minutes). 

There must be someone who knows a different trick or some solution Fitbit can develop. 

Life happens and I can’t always sync my Fitbit!!! But this is stupid and making me mad!! 

Thanks for any help and yes I turned my phone on and off and updated my app and even tried deleting the app and re installing and turning the phone on and off .... trust me I tried all that! 

Also you website did not even update my Iconic and still shows my old fit bit - and I have had the Iconic since November!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@LFyfe Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for trying those troubleshooting steps to sort this out.

There are some other things you can try to get your Ionic to sync with your iPhone, try this out:

• Make sure your iPhone's OS is iOS 10 or newer.
  • Make sure your iPhone isn't managing other Bluetooth connections.
  • Your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

The, try the following in the order given (Try it again if you already did before):

• Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  • Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  • Open the Fitbit app.
  • If your Fitbit device didn't sync, reboot your iPhone.
  • Open the Fitbit app.
  • If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it

If it is still not syncing after doing all of the above, could you try using a different device to sync your Ionic and let me know if it syncs?

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK so I went ahead and actually did an entire factory reset, and reset the whole thing. 

But here is the issue that manual screen is NOT working!!! That was my first issue and only issue. 

I am a light sleeper and I use my Fitbit app to wake me up and track my sleeping I can’t sleep when the screen is blasting in my eyes every night last night I was up until one in the morning this morning I was up three hours before I had to be up and I couldn’t sleep I need the screen to be manual only!

you guys set up a new update that takes away the ability to keep the screen manual. 

it has to be the update because I factory reset my phone and I still have the same issue I even set up a new Fitbit account when I factory reset to make sure that there should be no issues whatsoever that’s a lot of work for a stupid watch that you guys can’t do a program for. 

sorry for being angry but I am very sleep deprived with a $300 watch that will not respect manual screen only and I have reset it factory, reset my phone, started a new account with Fitbit, I have done everything in my power to make sure this is not a phone issue or a watch issue - it you it is it your update issue! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LFyfe A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for the detailed information shared and the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. 

I see where you're coming from and understand your frustration with your watch's screen wake setting. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and they will continue assisting you through email, due to recent events affecting our operations, we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes