Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not syncing swim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic doesn’t put my swim info into the Fitbit app dashboard?  Very frustrating..

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @Emma0203 thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'm happy to provide you with assistance with your Ionic and give you a warm welcome to our Community Forums too! 

I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you, this is certainly not a common situation. To better assist you, can you please let me know if you are able to sync your Ionic device without any difficulty? Also, when was the first time this situation was experienced and how many times since then? More information and details will be appreciated. In the meantime, I recommend you to check our help article: How do I track my swims with my Fitbit device? for more information and details about this specific exercise. 

Looking forward to your reply. Let me know if you have any additional questions too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Ricardo

I haven’t had problems syncing..we have been in a different time zone for 3 weeks and the time is still Eastern Time Zone.. this happens every time I go to a different time zone..

As for swimming I’ve always had a problem since I got my Fitbit Ionic..sometimes it only gives me partial time ie: if I swam 1 hr it might only give me 20. It’s always different.

No swimming has been recorded since June 12.’ive swam 4 times..

Thank you

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Emma0203 thanks for your reply and the information provided, I'm happy to continue assisting you today. My apologies for the delay in responding your post.

Let me share with you that your Fitbit Ionic will use the timezone that is specified on your mobile device. Therefore, please follow the instructions below to edit your time zone setting: 

1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard and click the gear icon in the top right corner. 
2. Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu. 
3. Scroll down to the Time section and choose the time zone that best reflects your current location. You can also select 12-hour or 24-hour time display format here. 
4. Sync your tracker to update your time zone. 

Regarding the swim situation, this is certainly not the way we designed our Fitbit Ionic. I recommend you to check all the information and details that are specified on: How do I track my swims with my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. I also recommend you to restart your Fitbit. 

Keep me posted, I'll be here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thankyou

I managed to get the time zone changed:

As for swimming I don’t know how to get it to show on the fit bit dashboard in Fitbit app..it shows on my Fitbit on my wrist.

If I changed my goals to active minutes would this track my steps and the swimming minutes.. right now it’s only set for steps..

In fitbit.com it show my swim I did yesterday but not on the dashboard in Fitbit app.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @Emma0203, thanks for your reply and the information provided. 

I'm happy to know that the timezone concern was resolved. Seems odd that you're able to track the swim activity directly from your device and check the stats on the Fitbit.com dashboard but not in the Fitbit app/ That said, can you please let me know which mobile device you're currently using? Where the Fitbit app is currently installed? If you haven't already done, please force quit the app, restart your mobile device and let me know how it goes.

I'll be here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m using iPad mini

I’me done..

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you able to end your exercise?  My Iconic end button stopped working.  If you're unable to end the exercise the event will not sync.  Fitbit had to replace my device.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to end the swim..

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow!! Last resort.. Uninstall app..then reinstall.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not happy with this Fitbit..ready to throw it away.  I’m set for active minutes and it does not put swim into active minutes and not in the Fitbit app.  HELP

Best Answer
0 Votes