Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My phone did a system update to Android 9 and erased my Bluetooth settings. I have been trying to add my watch for the last 24hrs and it will not show up in the Bluetooth area to pair. 

With some of the comments in afraid of doing a factory reset on the watch. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app and restarted the Bluetooth many times. 

I have also lose all ability to receive txt and call notifications for over a month at least.

Any suggestions, I'm still under warranty thankfully.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Silvia, but the app clearly had a problem with Bluetooth sync and Fitbit did not say anything. Sadly I took the step of a factory reset and the Bluetooth issues appear to have failed during the firmware update and now the Ionic is dead and doesn't screen or  buttons . 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

It's great to see you around @Lynnettefayola. Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

Before performing a factory reset, please try doing a force sync from your Fitbit app, you can do this by following these steps: 

- Go to the Fitbit app 

- Tap on your profile picture 

- Tap on Ionic and then tap on "sync now" 

If you're having syncing issues then try this troubleshoot. After your Ionic syncs, you will need to set up notifications again by following these instructions

Additionally, we're aware of a syncing issue that some users are experiencing with Android 9.0, you can learn more about it by checking the main thread

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check if your app is on version 3.1. If so, be careful. This latest release of the app appears to be very problematic. I think it's best to wait until they have the release sorted out before doing much trouble shooting. I appear to have lost my FitBit because I didn't realize the app was bad and tried to do a factory reset. The reconnection failed and now the Ionic will not even turn on.

Best Answer

Sorry, I should have mentioned that immediately after the 3.1 upgrade, the Ionic failed to ever fully sync again. The sync would start, but then always end in error.

Best Answer

Too late lol. I've done everything in the book but the factory reset. I broke down at midnight last night to prove it wasn't my phone. 

Fitbit claimed my phone was the issue and not supported so they couldn't do anything. I tried a total of 4/5 phones, 3 tablets and 3 computers none paired with the Ionic. Factory reset it was, now I'm not sure what it will do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I've solved this on mine... In the list of Bluetooth devices, there were 2 listings for my Ionic... Get rid of "ionic" and just keep the "Ionic (classic) which is supposed to be for media control but my sync issues disappeared at the same time.

Hope it works for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing your experience @JCM801. If there's any issue with the release of the app, Fitbit will let you know and provide you with the proper troubleshooting. I've noticed that you already have a case with our Support team, please continue the communication through email, they can continue assisting you and providing you with options based in the Fitbit Warranty

Thanks for getting back @Lynnettefayola. I appreciate the troubleshooting done. I've also shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email. 

Welcome to the Community @Mjsmiffy. Thanks for the tips that solved the issue you were experiencing. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Silvia, but the app clearly had a problem with Bluetooth sync and Fitbit did not say anything. Sadly I took the step of a factory reset and the Bluetooth issues appear to have failed during the firmware update and now the Ionic is dead and doesn't screen or  buttons . 

Best Answer

That didn't help for mine, it wasn't connected through Bluetooth or the Fitbit app on the phone or computer. After the Android 9 update it unpaired everything and only the Ionic failed to reconnect.

I had done that in the past though on a few occasions when my phone would mess up and add it twice for some strange reason.

Best Answer
0 Votes